Pre reqs?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Kofi Darko

EverywhereIgoI
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I took some of my med school pre reqs in CC while I was in the Nursing Program. I'm currently going on the path to Med School, would I have have to re-take those courses at a 4 year ? I've heard about how Adcoms dislike pre reqs being taken at a CC , I got A's on the them, should I still retake them, just to be safe?

Members don't see this ad.

I have read the the long debate about uni vs CC. I think as long as you know the information, it will reflect on your MCAT.

My biology and gen chem were done at a CC and it did not cause me any difficulties

Members don't see this ad :)
Im really not sure, can I still retake the classes for a refresher? So the med schools will know that I can handle the curriculum

It varies from school to school. Invest in MSAR to see which schools accept CC credits. But overall, you should be OK.

I took some of my med school pre reqs in CC while I was in the Nursing Program. I'm currently going on the path to Med School, would I have have to re-take those courses at a 4 year ? I've heard about how Adcoms dislike pre reqs being taken at a CC , I got A's on the them, should I still retake them, just to be safe?