Pre requisite GPA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Hiyalol

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
This thread is regarding both MD and DO. I'd like to know does medical schools in general look at more different types of GPA other than just the bcpm and cgpa? Meaning do they look at a third GPA called the pre-requisite GPA as well?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
To my knowledge, they differentiate gpa into cgpa bcpm and all other gpa. I don't think that there is a specific designation with just the prerequisite grades.

Members don't see this ad :)
We post in general that my cgpa is X and bcpm is X but I have not read anyone say my pre-reqs gpa is X. What my post means is do you make another GPA called the "Pre-reqs GPA"? So with the other two GPAs (cgpa and bcpm) do med school create a third to see how well you did on just the pre-reqs, which are similar but have differences such as English in them compared to bcpm?

No. But they can see your grades in those classes obviously, it just doesn't have its own distinction on amcas

Concur with all the responses above. Medical schools care about your BCPM (science) GPA and your overall GPA. The former is probably more important than the latter, but both should be as high as you can make them!