preceptorship UCLA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

shashi

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
HI All,

By doing Preceptorship at UCLA that has handson like restorative dentistry and endodontics, does it eases the admission to DDS program?
How about the AEGD Program?

please let me know ! As it is very expensive program.

Many Thanks,
sowmya

Members don't see this ad.

Hey Shashi!
nothing is sure in this life! :-(
but I am sure that doing a preceptorship will give you some advantage to get into any of both programs (dds or aegd)
Just have ready all the requirements and your preceptorship diploma will be the "plus" you need to get a seat in the program.
Remember during the preceptorship you can make a lot of new friends, who are faculty members, and they can give you letters of recommendation :)
Furthermore, you can call the preceptorship coordinator and kindly ask him about that if in the past someone after the preceptorship got a place into the aegd program or dds.

my two cents

Also, have you compared the preceptorship fees from other universities?
I see you didn't, because those preceptorships at UCLA are NOT expensive.
They are the cheapest in the USA.
If you compare the preceptorships at Columbia University, USC, LLU, NYU, UTHSCSA, and Washington University you will see that UCLA preceptorships are affordable.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for your inputs.Good luck to you.

HI All,

By doing Preceptorship at UCLA that has handson like restorative dentistry and endodontics, does it eases the admission to DDS program?

Many Thanks,
sowmya

You know, incidently, I knew a girl who did her perceptorship in restorative at UCLA. She was in the one year thing where she got some hands-on.
Surprisingly, UCLA did not invite her for the PPID interview.
But, She got into alabama, and the faculty there took her in on basis of LORs given by the restorative faculty at UCLA...

I personally believe, that doing a perceptorship at a school u r keen on will help a lot. but exceptions always exist.

HI All,

Many Thanks,
sowmya

hi,
plz help me with the requirements needed to get into the preceptorship programs.... I am a foreign trained dentist.... have taken part1 n have toefl scores.... are they enough

thank u all

Yep, you can try even now if there are any vacancy they you might be accepted.

HI All,

Many Thanks,
sowmya

Yap It will surely help. 4K is not a bad price for 3-4months.

Can I please know what preceptorship exactly is!? Is it just observership or clinically also they allow on patients? Also of I don't plan for a DDS then is it of any use? I'm talking about aesthetic and restorative dentistry