Predental jobs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

super112

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've finished my undergrad and now trying to build up a little experience in the dental field. I'm considering DA for a general dentist or working as a dental lab technician. A position for a DA for an orthodontist is up in craiglist near me but only 1 day a week though. I'm hesitant though, is a DA job for an orthodontist not as good of a choice as a DA for a general dentist?

Members don't see this ad.

Anything dental related should help you with the application.

However, I think it's better for you to have a lot of exposure from different dental field rather than sticking to one place for too long. Thus, IMO 1 day a week is perfect!

Find something else to enhance your application even more (Volunteering, shadowing, taking classes, preparing for DAT, or even another DA job)

first you should apply to see if you can even get the job. I know when I was looking at the time, every DA position wanted at least 2 years of experience hahaha! and Dental lab techs wanted.. 5+ years. jokes