delete

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

happigirl12321

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
delete

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
you should be considering physician assistant rather than optometry, if time commitment is your concern.

Optometry is a narrow field, interesting, but very monotonous. And more to consider is that I'm not sure the rate of return is worth it anymore.

Members don't see this ad :)
you should be considering physician assistant rather than optometry, if time commitment is your concern.

Optometry is a narrow field, interesting, but very monotonous. And more to consider is that I'm not sure the rate of return is worth it anymore.
for pbysician assistant I read that you need thousand of hours of patient care (emt, nurse. technician) which I don't have/ won't have before I apply to schools unless I take a year off

for pbysician assistant I read that you need thousand of hours of patient care (emt, nurse. technician) which I don't have/ won't have before I apply to schools unless I take a year off

You're not willing to take off one year for a decision that will greatly impact your entire life? LOL so the only reason you didn't consider physician assistant is because you have to take one year off? And now you're suddenly "interested" in optometry. Amazing.

Get a job part-time then. Some programs dont require those hours. 1 year may seem like a lot when you've had so few on the earth, but you do a career for 30+ years, take a little time.

If you're not interested in a full career, optometry will be a huge waste of money for you. Even the full-time ROI is atrocious for the tuition you will pay.

PA school is 2-3 years while optometry is 4 years. If you take a year off and apply to PA school you will break even in time. I agree with the above posters, PA seems to be a better fit for you.

Reactions: 1 user