Premeds what were you doing this time last year?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I like.

Hope you are okay now :)

This is awesome right here, right now. Realization is the beginning of enlightenment or whatever wise quotation i am looking for ...u know what i mean. Congrats dear friend. Hope you are okay with the current status of your career now :)
Thanks! Sadly, the state of my career now is 'working multiple jobs and taking a DIY postbacc to try and scrape together an MD app that won't get me laughed out of Dodge.' MCAT, here I come!

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks! Sadly, the state of my career now is 'working multiple jobs and taking a DIY postbacc to try and scrape together an MD app that won't get me laughed out of Dodge.' MCAT, here I come!
That's great. I wish you the very best. You will do just fine. Not everyone is expected to have a steller app - esp. if you haven't spent years working on it like most pre-meds. Rooting for you! :thumbup:

What were you doing this time last year?

I wish you guys will provide us with your eventual resolution to whatever challenges you were going through at that time.

And if you are now a medical student, we will like to congratulate you and know how it is going. Thank you.
I was freaking out about Orgo

What were you doing this time last year?

I wish you guys will provide us with your eventual resolution to whatever challenges you were going through at that time.

And if you are now a medical student, we will like to congratulate you and know how it is going. Thank you.

I was busy not realizing that applying early was important so I was super relaxed!

Reactions: 1 user
I was freaking the f out about the MCAT and working a crap job while finishing my undergrad. Now I am accepted and waiting to start in August. Working somewhere awesome and enjoying the free time I have before med school starts.

I was freaking the f out about the MCAT and working a crap job while finishing my undergrad. Now I am accepted and waiting to start in August. Working somewhere awesome and enjoying the free time I have before med school starts.
Awesome!!! very happy for you ... :soexcited: i guess it's a lesson that we really shouldn't waste our time freaking out because things will always turn out well in the end
I was busy not realizing that applying early was important so I was super relaxed!
So what's up with you now? Are you applying early this time? just curious:love:
I was freaking out about Orgo
How did you do? :)

I was looking for a car before I started college that fall and working at a retail store. :D

Thanks for caring! haha. Well I talked to the one school that I interviewed at and I was told that I did everything right, they just ran out of seats for out of state kids so I should reapply right away on the first possible day, so that was good. I did add a few things to really round out my application and possibly make it stand out. I'm also going to apply to more than 10 schools that I have a decent chance at. Hopefully I've taken care of all my errors! Either way I'm meeting with another school in may to go over my application.

This time last year I was putting off MCAT studying, solidifying a main theme for my personal statement, somewhat studying for post-bacc classes, and working 3 jobs.

1 year later: I killed the cat, put together a decent statement, made it through classes, quit my jobs, and moved home. Now I'm enjoying time with my family and figuring out how to spend the rest of my money before August (travelling and concerts).

Awesome!!! very happy for you ... :soexcited: i guess it's a lesson that we really shouldn't waste our time freaking out because things will always turn out well in the end

How did you do? :)
Not as good as I wanted but it was a result of external factors not the material itself if it makes sense.

This time last year I was putting off MCAT studying, solidifying a main theme for my personal statement, somewhat studying for post-bacc classes, and working 3 jobs.

1 year later: I killed the cat, put together a decent statement, made it through classes, quit my jobs, and moved home. Now I'm enjoying time with my family and figuring out how to spend the rest of my money before August (travelling and concerts).
Dream come true!!! :soexcited:You are living the dream dude! :soexcited:

Thanks for caring! haha. Well I talked to the one school that I interviewed at and I was told that I did everything right, they just ran out of seats for out of state kids so I should reapply right away on the first possible day, so that was good. I did add a few things to really round out my application and possibly make it stand out. I'm also going to apply to more than 10 schools that I have a decent chance at. Hopefully I've taken care of all my errors! Either way I'm meeting with another school in may to go over my application.
That's awesome! Wish you the success with your goals. I am rooting for you!! :thumbup: :clap: