Preparing for 2012-2012 Application :)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

szetok

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm just preparing for the new application cycle! :) I just had a few questions regarding the verification of transcripts? I took one class at the City College of San Francisco and the credits were transferred to my UC transcript. Do I still need to get a official transcript from CCSF to send to Pharmcas? If so, the transcript request form will need to be sent with it right? If so, CCSF has this policy where it can be requested online or in person only... I won't be back in SF until after graduation...like late-June. If I request online, it won't send with my transcript request form.. So... what should I do? I feel like if I wait, it'll take too long for verification on Pharmcas...What do you guys think? Did you any of you guys go to CCSF?

Or maybe I'm just being super worried because I want to sent it the first day...but reading past year's application thread, the application, well first batch, wasn't sent until August 1st anyways but verification of grades does take a long time...

Members don't see this ad.

Hi all,

I'm just preparing for the new application cycle! :) I just had a few questions regarding the verification of transcripts? I took one class at the City College of San Francisco and the credits were transferred to my UC transcript. Do I still need to get a official transcript from CCSF to send to Pharmcas? If so, the transcript request form will need to be sent with it right? If so, CCSF has this policy where it can be requested online or in person only... I won't be back in SF until after graduation...like late-June. If I request online, it won't send with my transcript request form.. So... what should I do? I feel like if I wait, it'll take too long for verification on Pharmcas...What do you guys think? Did you any of you guys go to CCSF?

Or maybe I'm just being super worried because I want to sent it the first day...but reading past year's application thread, the application, well first batch, wasn't sent until August 1st anyways but verification of grades does take a long time...

Yes, even with taking one class you will have to get official transcripts sent to Pharmcas from there. I know this from a bad personal experience :mad:. I'm not sure what you mean by transcript request form?I'm not sure if that is needed as long as official transcript documents from that college are sent to Pharmcas it's all gravy.Online should work as long as they can be sent via snail mail. BTW, don't fret, you have plenty of time! Much more than I did!

Yes, even with taking one class you will have to get official transcripts sent to Pharmcas from there. I know this from a bad personal experience :mad:. I'm not sure what you mean by transcript request form?I'm not sure if that is needed as long as official transcript documents from that college are sent to Pharmcas it's all gravy.Online should work as long as they can be sent via snail mail. BTW, don't fret, you have plenty of time! Much more than I did!

On the transcript information page for PharmCAS, it states "How to Obtain the Transcript Request Form>> Login to your PharmCAS application and select the Colleges Attended folder."

So are we not able to send transcripts before we register with Pharmcas in June?

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah..which sucks! :( I really wanted to get it in as early as possible! Yeah, I read somewhere that the transcripts needed to be attached to some form... correct me if I'm wrong though! Same goes for our LOR! So do tell your LOR writers!

Yeah..which sucks! :( I really wanted to get it in as early as possible! Yeah, I read somewhere that the transcripts needed to be attached to some form... correct me if I'm wrong though! Same goes for our LOR! So do tell your LOR writers!

Yes, it's the transcript request form. :)

Have you tried calling the college? I had this issue with a different school, but was able to complete the transcript request form online, and then email the PharmCAS form to them. They were then able to mail my transcript with the form to PharmCAS. Also, for the LOR, you will enter in the email addresses for the people writing your LOR, and then they will receive email from PharmCAS with instructions on how to complete your LOR. You should not have to print anything out unless the person writing it does not want to do it online. Good luck!