Preparing for cycle... How do I look?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BTR1208

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everybody,

Preparing for this upcoming admissions cycle and really anxious. Terrified yet excited. How does everything look?

**RECALCULATED MY GPA AND HIGHER THAN I ORIGINALLY THOUGHT**
cGPA: 3.75
sGPA: 3.80

DAT: 19 AA/18 TS/21 PAT/ 22 RC/ none under 17

TONS of work experience as well as a lot of volunteer work in underserved communities.

60 cc credits but transferred to 4-year and did well.

100+ shadowing hours.

School list; which do i have a good shot at? Which if any should be removed/added?

Indiana (in state)
NOVA
Lecom
Midwestern (AZ/IL)
WesternU
AT Still Missou
Roseman
Case western
UNLV
NYU
UNE
BU
Touro
PITT

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I think everything looks pretty good. I wouldn't change anything. Just make sure your LORs and personal statement are good to go.

Best of luck! It's a tumultuous process.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you guys!! Means a lot to have such a supportive community! Buckling my seat belt for this cycle for sure :)

Hi everybody,

Preparing for this upcoming admissions cycle and really anxious. Terrified yet excited. How does everything look?

cGPA: 3.65
sGPA: 3.65

TONS of work experience as well as a lot of volunteer work in underserved communities.

100+ shadowing hours.

School list; which do i have a good shot at? Which if any should be removed/added?

Indiana (in state)
NOVA
Lecom
Midwestern (AZ/IL)
WesternU
AT Still Missou
Roseman
Case western
UNLV
NYU
UNE
BU
Touro
PITT
I wouldn't stress that DAT. Yes, it's average, but......it's average, meaning there are a lot of other applicants out there with the same score. I was one of those. My gpa was slightly higher, but same AA score. I ended up with 11 interviews and 7 acceptances. On IU, just make sure you meet their pre-reqs. If I'm not mistaken they have an unusual item on their pre-req list.....which kept me from applying there. Honestly, I would drop Lecom and Touro from your list. You can do better and neither one of them are shown much love on SDN, or elsewhere. If you want to keep the same number of applications, which isn't a bad idea, maybe replace them with Tufts and Creighton. Just my two cents. I'm sure you'll do great. Best of luck.

I wouldn't stress that DAT. Yes, it's average, but......it's average, meaning there are a lot of other applicants out there with the same score. I was one of those. My gpa was slightly higher, but same AA score. I ended up with 11 interviews and 7 acceptances. On IU, just make sure you meet their pre-reqs. If I'm not mistaken they have an unusual item on their pre-req list.....which kept me from applying there. Honestly, I would drop Lecom and Touro from your list. You can do better and neither one of them are shown much love on SDN, or elsewhere. If you want to keep the same number of applications, which isn't a bad idea, maybe replace them with Tufts and Creighton. Just my two cents. I'm sure you'll do great. Best of luck.
Tufts has a CC requirement that OP will need to make sure he or she meets.

Q. I have completed some of the Tufts pre-requisite courses at a Community College. Will these credits fulfill your requirements?

A. Unfortunately, all pre-requisite coursework must be completed at an accredited 4 year college or university. Applicants who have received community college credits must either retake those courses at a four year institution or take an equal number of credits in upper level coursework in the same discipline at a four year institution.

http://dental.tufts.edu/admissions/dmd-program/frequently-asked-questions/

Tufts has a CC requirement that OP will need to make sure he or she meets.

Q. I have completed some of the Tufts pre-requisite courses at a Community College. Will these credits fulfill your requirements?

A. Unfortunately, all pre-requisite coursework must be completed at an accredited 4 year college or university. Applicants who have received community college credits must either retake those courses at a four year institution or take an equal number of credits in upper level coursework in the same discipline at a four year institution.

http://dental.tufts.edu/admissions/dmd-program/frequently-asked-questions/
I'm sure if he/she was accepted he/she fulfilled them?

I'm sure if he/she was accepted he/she fulfilled them?
I thought OP was applying and looking for opinions on their school list. PeachDMD suggested Tufts, so I included the part from Tufts FAQ where it says they require prereqs to be taken at a 4 year school.

Reactions: 1 user
I thought OP was applying and looking for opinions on their school list. PeachDMD suggested Tufts, so I included the part from Tufts FAQ where it says they require prereqs to be taken at a 4 year school.
Yep, that's a good point. I didn't do any work at a CC so I never paid attention to that.

Thought I was reading a different thread my bad.

Hi everybody,

cGPA: 3.65
sGPA: 3.65

100+ shadowing hours.

Indiana (in state)
NOVA
Lecom
Midwestern (AZ/IL)
WesternU
AT Still Missou
Roseman
Case western
UNLV
NYU
UNE
BU
Touro
PITT
What state resident are you?

You look great and pretty prepared!

You've done the prep work. Now comes the hard part, packaging everything in a neat bow that tells a compelling story of your life. Good luck! If you want any help with PS comments, I'd be happy to help.

You look great and pretty prepared!

You've done the prep work. Now comes the hard part, packaging everything in a neat bow that tells a compelling story of your life. Good luck! If you want any help with PS comments, I'd be happy to help.

Thank you!! I may send my PS your way later this week.. Doing some final work to it :)

Recalculated my GPA...

Overall 3,75
Science: 3.80

Looking good. I think your DAT is fine, especially with that great gpa.

I would consider adding Marquette, Creighton, Louisville, and Temple

One of the rarer cases wherein the science GPA is higher than the overall GPA haha

Remove Nova because they highly focus on Biology and Total Sciences.

Looking good. I think your DAT is fine, especially with that great gpa.

I would consider adding Marquette, Creighton, Louisville, and Temple

Will def add Creighton as already was in the fence about it... Will look into others. Thanks :)

One of the rarer cases wherein the science GPA is higher than the overall GPA haha

Lol

Remove Nova because they highly focus on Biology and Total Sciences.

Dang really? Was one of my top choices :(