Preparing for interviews

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

trangtn

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys!

Just wondering how everyone is preparing for their interviews. I have my first ever coming up soon and while I'm not a terrible public-speaker, I'm not sure how I'd deal in an interview situation since I haven't done so for about a year now.

Like how do you get over your nerves and anxiety. Some questions you can practice for, but how about the spontaneous, situational ones, how do you deal with those?

So any tips I'd really appreciate it :laugh:

Thank you!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys!

Just wondering how everyone is preparing for their interviews. I have my first ever coming up soon and while I'm not a terrible public-speaker, I'm not sure how I'd deal in an interview situation since I haven't done so for about a year now.

Like how do you get over your nerves and anxiety. Some questions you can practice for, but how about the spontaneous, situational ones, how do you deal with those?

So any tips I'd really appreciate it :laugh:

Thank you!!!

Def be prepared to answer a question about morals. I had one "Tell me about a time that your moral fiber was challenged" also know the obvious Why pharmacy and why you chose that school. Some other questions I had were
"Who do you admire the most and why?"
"What would you do if you were a pharmacy tech and you saw another tech stealing drugs?"
"What would you do if you do not get into pharmacy school?"
"What specifically about pharmacy, why not medical school?"
"Tell me about a time you saw someone cheating, what did you do?"

And have some good solid questions to ask your interviewers.

Members don't see this ad :)
Def be prepared to answer a question about morals. I had one "Tell me about a time that your moral fiber was challenged" also know the obvious Why pharmacy and why you chose that school. Some other questions I had were
"Who do you admire the most and why?"
"What would you do if you were a pharmacy tech and you saw another tech stealing drugs?"
"What would you do if you do not get into pharmacy school?"
"What specifically about pharmacy, why not medical school?"
"Tell me about a time you saw someone cheating, what did you do?"

And have some good solid questions to ask your interviewers.
moral fiber was challenged... ugh... it takes time to think about stuff like that lol

Google behavioral interviewing...some school do this, some don't. Mine was a mix of behavioral and traditional interviewing. If you are prepared for behavioral interviewing, you're prepared for the worst case scenario (because behavioral interviewing is the worst...).

The other thing I recommend is sit down and write out the story of how you got to this point in your life. Don't just do bullet points, write a STORY. Then read and re-read your story. This way, when you get asked the basic questions about yourself, what you've done, and why you are here, you won't just give the pat answers. If you tell your story well, you can show the interviewers that you don't just want a big paycheck and a secure future (be forewarned, the job market is pretty rough right now...ask a few current pharmacists before you 100% decide to do this). Continuing the previous thought, if you tell your story well, you can show them that you are passionate about this career, and that will work very well in your favor.

Don't overdo it or fluff it up though, because that will be obvious.

The goal is to get them interested in you and to leave a good impression. Tell your life like a story and you won't bore them to death with the "I liked chemistry" type of answer.

Everyone was nervous at my first interview but I learned how to push out any nerviness along time ago

Also, if you can't immediately think of a scenario that fits a behavioral interviewing question, just ask if you can think on it for a minute and come back to it. I've had to do this twice and it was no harm no foul. Just make sure you bring it back up before the end, because they won't forget they asked you ;)

Also, if you can't immediately think of a scenario that fits a behavioral interviewing question, just ask if you can think on it for a minute and come back to it. I've had to do this twice and it was no harm no foul. Just make sure you bring it back up before the end, because they won't forget they asked you ;)

Thanks! I'll definitely keep this in mind since I'm not sure how quickly I can formulate an answer to behavioral questions :scared: