Preparing for MCAT 2015 and totally lost...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CampingDelight

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hey,

The AAMC will release a full length 230-question exam sometime later this year. There already exists an Official MCAT2015 Guide which includes some practice questions.

Not sure when TBR and EK will release their newly updated materials but I probably think it would be next year at the earliest.

Just to make sure you're on the right track, I don't think the "2015 MCAT" starts in January of 2015. It starts a little later; something like February or March.

AAMC's recommended coursework for the MCAT still includes a year of general chem, biology, organic chem, and physics, plus one semester of psychology, sociology, and/or microbiology/biochemistry. IMO, the overlap between the 2014 and 2015 exams involve the stuff in italics. I would at least review those for now, and possibly the chapter outlines and major vocabulary for the new one semester classes. It will not hurt to practice reading quickly and actively either. Many people recommend reading The Economist for that.

Hey,

The AAMC will release a full length 230-question exam sometime later this year. There already exists an Official MCAT2015 Guide which includes some practice questions.

Not sure when TBR and EK will release their newly updated materials but I probably think it would be next year at the earliest.

While I don't have a copy of that guide, I suspect that it also includes a list of all the topics you need to know?

Members don't see this ad :)
While I don't have a copy of that guide, I suspect that it also includes a list of all the topics you need to know?
The Official MCAT guide is the most comprehensive guide for the 2015 exam. It includes the content breakdown, including the specific topics you might be tested on the 2015 exam.

Just to make sure you're on the right track, I don't think the "2015 MCAT" starts in January of 2015. It starts a little later; something like February or March.

AAMC's recommended coursework for the MCAT still includes a year of general chem, biology, organic chem, and physics, plus one semester of psychology, sociology, and/or microbiology/biochemistry. IMO, the overlap between the 2014 and 2015 exams involve the stuff in italics. I would at least review those for now, and possibly the chapter outlines and major vocabulary for the new one semester classes. It will not hurt to practice reading quickly and actively either. Many people recommend reading The Economist for that.

Last edited:
I recommend Khan Academy free online MCAT Prep. They have recently added sections for the expanded MCAT.

Well you have 4 months until the last Jan 23rd (older MCAT) test. The average amount of studying seems to be about 2-4 months, so you should consider it!