Prepping for AADSAS 2013

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

chickensoupdr

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Is it possible to make an account on AADSAS now or do we have to wait until the first day that it accepts applications?

What are some things that can be done before then to prepare?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

No, you have to wait until the first day to open the account. Check out the adea website, it'll tell you what you need. Ex: ps, shadowing hours, extracurriculars, etc.

Get your transcript(s) ready to you can input all the grades when it opens.

Members don't see this ad :)
^ you can't even do that yet till the cycle opens. You need to dl that request form for you application.

^ you can't even do that yet till the cycle opens. You need to dl that request form for you application.

I think he means to get a copy of your unofficial transcripts so you have them in front of you when you input them when it opens. You want to be accurate and this part of the application probably takes the longest to fill out.

Ahh if that's the case, then I apologize :p

Just b/c my unofficial transcript is accessible to me at all times, doesn't mean everyone has that luxury.. hehe. What kind of information do you need to input from transcript? Besides the class and grades?

It's just best to not attempt to do this from memory. You have to enter classes by each term. These days, most schools should have an unofficial transcript available to you online. AADSAS verifies your self-reported courses and grades against your official transcripts. If there are any discrepancies or omissions it can cause delays while it's straightened out. They say they will tell the schools, but that's probably if it looks like you're trying to really abuse the system.

It's basic info. But you want it to match EXACTLY what's on the transcript to avoid any issues.

Course Title
Course Prefix and Number
Course Level
Credits
Grade
Course Subject (classification: bio, chm, phy, eng, other-sci, non-sci)

what is "course level" ?

Undergraduate – Courses described as freshman, sophomore, junior and senior level of study (e.g. 100, 200, 300 or 400 level courses).
Graduate – Courses taken at the post-baccalaureate level of study for graduate credit.
Professional – Courses taken at the professional school level (i.e., dental school, medical school, law school, pharmacy school).
Remedial – Courses taken at the undergraduate level but for which college credit is not offered

Yes that's what I meant, get your transcripts so you have them in front of you. It's a big issue for me as I've attended 5 different schools. I'm non-trad and apparently couldn't make my mind up, LOL.

If we took our DAT last year, how is it uploaded to the ADEA? Do they get it through our DENTPIN?

Also if I took my DAT in August 2011, and schools say the DAT is good for 2 years, when would my DAT expire?
Thanks

If we took our DAT last year, how is it uploaded to the ADEA? Do they get it through our DENTPIN?

Also if I took my DAT in August 2011, and schools say the DAT is good for 2 years, when would my DAT expire?
Thanks

Correct. DENTPIN and date of birth are how it's matched to you when AADSAS imports scores from the ADA.

I would suspect August of 2013 for expiration. Hopefully you don't have to worry about that.