Presbyterian College Interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I had an interview on 16th :) it was fun, and hopefully I hear a good news from them

We sincerely enjoyed having you on campus. The interviews have gone so well, and we are looking forward to the class of 2015 joining us at PCSP in the fall.

Hey everyone,

I was just checking to see if anyone has heard back from the school yet? I had my interview on feb 23rd and they said I'll hear back from them within a week, which is today. This waiting is just not too fun.. please let me know you guys heard back from the school.

Thank You!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey everyone,

I was just checking to see if anyone has heard back from the school yet? I had my interview on feb 23rd and they said I'll hear back from them within a week, which is today. This waiting is just not too fun.. please let me know you guys heard back from the school.

Thank You!!

Hi,

The faculty and staff are still working on a lot of our more current interviews. If you have not been contacted, please do not be discouraged. As a previous student, I know that it's a tough time. I wish you the best of luck.

I received my letter last week.. They put me on waiting list.. :( Is anyone in same situation as I am? Does anyone know how many students are selected for waiting list this year?

I received my letter last week.. They put me on waiting list.. :( Is anyone in same situation as I am? Does anyone know how many students are selected for waiting list this year?

friend of mine is in a similar situation. she got wait listed. can't tell you how many are on the wait list. good luck to you.

friend of mine is in a similar situation. she got wait listed. can't tell you how many are on the wait list. good luck to you.

The wait list will be pulled from based on the number of those students who decline their acceptance or withdraw later. Please be aware that students may change their mind on schools as they are informed of other acceptances. There is no way for our faculty to know how many spots will open up, but if you were wait listed don't be discouraged. This occurs with many students at many institutions. If you aren't accepted this year, do what you can to work on your GPA and PCAT scores in order to make yourself increasingly more competitive and simply reapply next year. Pharmacy school has been one of the best decisions of my life, and trust me if it had come down to it, I wouldn't ever hesitate to tell a future student to wait and reapply next year. It is worth the wait and promises a bright, interesting, and rewarding career in the future. I hope this helps!

The wait list will be pulled from based on the number of those students who decline their acceptance or withdraw later. Please be aware that students may change their mind on schools as they are informed of other acceptances. There is no way for our faculty to know how many spots will open up, but if you were wait listed don't be discouraged. This occurs with many students at many institutions. If you aren't accepted this year, do what you can to work on your GPA and PCAT scores in order to make yourself increasingly more competitive and simply reapply next year. Pharmacy school has been one of the best decisions of my life, and trust me if it had come down to it, I wouldn't ever hesitate to tell a future student to wait and reapply next year. It is worth the wait and promises a bright, interesting, and rewarding career in the future. I hope this helps!

Thanks for all the tips !!

Last edited:
hey!! i have an interview in feb can you also email the questions please ?? my email is [email protected]

Thank you so much in advance !!

Please keep in mind that distributing and using interview questions is a violation of conduct at Presbyterian College School of Pharmacy. All applicants who are invited for interviews are required to sign a waiver stating that they will not disclose questions to any other applicant. If the Admissions committee at PCSP is to become aware of this, the application will be thrown out. We want everyone to have equal opportunities when it comes to the interview. Thank you!

Hello all
I am a junior in UB as a pharmaceutical science major.
My pharmcas GPA is 3.12
and since they don't take my january pcat score they'll probably receive 37 one :scared:
I lived in Greenville SC from 2000 to 2005
Do You guys think I'll have a chance??
I mean yeah.. my pcat score is like..... TERRIBLE URGH
anyways..
chance me. TT_TT

Hello all
I am a junior in UB as a pharmaceutical science major.
My pharmcas GPA is 3.12
and since they don't take my january pcat score they'll probably receive 37 one :scared:
I lived in Greenville SC from 2000 to 2005
Do You guys think I'll have a chance??
I mean yeah.. my pcat score is like..... TERRIBLE URGH
anyways..
chance me. TT_TT

In my experience since beginning pharmacy school at PCSP, i've seen many instances were acceptance wasn't based merely on one's PCAT score. The faculty tend to look for a well rounded individual who serves their community, has had experience working in a pharmacy, has a good GPA...etc. So, if your PCAT is the only thing you are worried about, don't be discouraged. Hope this helps!

Thank you.
I just have a quick question. On the school website, it says i need a reference letter from a pharmacist and a professor.
Is that mean without pharmacist lor, i cant get in?

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you.
I just have a quick question. On the school website, it says i need a reference letter from a pharmacist and a professor.
Is that mean without pharmacist lor, i cant get in?

The idea of this requirement is a student's desire to reach out and network with other pharmacy professionals. If you have not worked in a pharmacy yet and do not know a pharmacist, I recommend simply finding an independent pharmacy and going in an "interviewing" and talking with a pharmacist. Explain to them your interest in pharmacy and ask them about their experiences. This will build a relationship with that pharmacist and I'm sure they would be more than happy to help you out with the reference letter. This is a requirement of many institutions. Also, some pharmacology professors are pharmacists at universities. This is another avenue to explore. I hope this helps!

Does anyone know how is the interview process overall, or how big is the campus?? Does PC have a research facility ? I am very interested in this school ??

Thanks

Does anyone know how is the interview process overall, or how big is the campus?? Does PC have a research facility ? I am very interested in this school ??

Thanks

I'm a current student and the campus is not very large, but bigger than say just a community college or what not. It of course is a private institution, so it's not as large as say a state university. Keep in mind the pharmacy school is a few miles down the road from the main campus, but the college works hard to keep the two integrated. Also, all of the pharmacy professors are very active in research and are quite often published as well. As far as the interview process, on your interview day, you'll be given a tour of the pharmacy school, you'll meet faculty and you'll be given an interview based on a wide range of topics to assess your overall "character". Are there any other questions you would like answered?

I'm a current student and the campus is not very large, but bigger than say just a community college or what not. It of course is a private institution, so it's not as large as say a state university. Keep in mind the pharmacy school is a few miles down the road from the main campus, but the college works hard to keep the two integrated. Also, all of the pharmacy professors are very active in research and are quite often published as well. As far as the interview process, on your interview day, you'll be given a tour of the pharmacy school, you'll meet faculty and you'll be given an interview based on a wide range of topics to assess your overall "character". Are there any other questions you would like answered?
Thanks for the answers, I still have few more questions if you don't mind answering ?

Does PC have a research facility, where the students are allowed to do research ??? Or are there all the technology or instrumental devices provided for pharmacy students ??

Thanks for the answers, I still have few more questions if you don't mind answering ?

Does PC have a research facility, where the students are allowed to do research ??? Or are there all the technology or instrumental devices provided for pharmacy students ??

There is a faculty research facility in the pharmacy school, in which at times, students are given the opportunity to work with the faculty in independent studies. At this point the faculty have top notch technology in DNA sequencing in particular. As for the students, PCSP has a unique feature that many pharmacy schools do not. The school has a few SimMen, which are fully working simulator "humans" that enable the students to work hands on with a "real patient" through therapy management classes and labs. Does this answer your questions?

I am excited for my interview at Presbyterian College! I hear that it is a great school and offers so many technological supplements to highlight the interactive learning experience. I am nervous, excited and hopeful that my interview goes well. Is there anyone else out there that has interviewed and been accepted to PCSOP? I have an interview next week and would like to hear of any new information about the school that is not found online. I want to know everything about the school.

I am excited for my interview at Presbyterian College! I hear that it is a great school and offers so many technological supplements to highlight the interactive learning experience. I am nervous, excited and hopeful that my interview goes well. Is there anyone else out there that has interviewed and been accepted to PCSOP? I have an interview next week and would like to hear of any new information about the school that is not found online. I want to know everything about the school.

I'm a current student, and I have been through the whole process. PCSP is more of a close-knit school than other pharmacy schools that I interviewed at. Though the faculty are involved in research and other pharmaceutical positions, they always have time for their students. The school is located in Clinton, SC. Clinton is a small community but gives you the opportunity to focus on studying. Spartanburg, Simpsonville, and Newberry are all pretty close if you need a little "escape from small town life". The school is a new facility and is beautiful. There are two main lecture halls, many recitation "smaller" classrooms, and there is also a student cafe' area. We also currently have three labs. One is a more of a typical lab that you may have seen in your pre-pharmacy studies, another is a community pharmacy setup in which you learn a lot of the medications that pharmacists see on a daily basis as well as dispensing techniques, and finally we have a hospital style lab in which you are given the opportunity to work with simulators that works just like a real patient in many ways and you are given the opportunity to work under IV hoods, learning how to formulate and properly handle IVs. I have really enjoyed the program so far. If you have any questions for me, I'd be glad to answer them.

I'm a current student, and I have been through the whole process. PCSP is more of a close-knit school than other pharmacy schools that I interviewed at. Though the faculty are involved in research and other pharmaceutical positions, they always have time for their students. The school is located in Clinton, SC. Clinton is a small community but gives you the opportunity to focus on studying. Spartanburg, Simpsonville, and Newberry are all pretty close if you need a little "escape from small town life". The school is a new facility and is beautiful. There are two main lecture halls, many recitation "smaller" classrooms, and there is also a student cafe' area. We also currently have three labs. One is a more of a typical lab that you may have seen in your pre-pharmacy studies, another is a community pharmacy setup in which you learn a lot of the medications that pharmacists see on a daily basis as well as dispensing techniques, and finally we have a hospital style lab in which you are given the opportunity to work with simulators that works just like a real patient in many ways and you are given the opportunity to work under IV hoods, learning how to formulate and properly handle IVs. I have really enjoyed the program so far. If you have any questions for me, I'd be glad to answer them.
Thanks for all the Feed back ~ pcspstudent

What kind of scenarios are ask in the group interaction activity ? and at the interview do they take pictures of the people who are being interviewed ??

Thanks for all the Feed back ~ pcspstudent

What kind of scenarios are ask in the group interaction activity ? and at the interview do they take pictures of the people who are being interviewed ??

Its just an activity to get to know each other and see how you interact. The scenarios are always different. It's no big deal at all, just simply be yourself. Also, yes they do take pictures, from the outside I know that may seem a little weird but in reality it's awesome what they do. On the first day of orientation a greater majority of the faculty already knew my name. They take the initiative to get to know the students ahead of time. You aren't just a "number" at PCSP. Do you have any other questions?

The same here. Waiting for a call but still i havent heard any thing from them. Keep my fingers cross! Let's update each other.

The same here. Waiting for a call but still i havent heard any thing from them. Keep my fingers cross! Let's update each other.

Did you two enjoy the interview day? I hope it went well for you! Also, do either of you have any questions about the program that weren't answered?

Yea the interview was good and i like everything about the college. But right now the waiting is just killing me.

I enjoyed the interviewed very much. It was exactly like I have been told from other students. Very laid back and relaxing.

I would be glad to update you. Did you interview in the morning or afternoon?

I enjoyed the interviewed very much. It was exactly like I have been told from other students. Very laid back and relaxing.

I'm so excited that you enjoyed our school and your interview. That's great to hear. Do you have any further concerns or questions regarding the program? I know at this point you are just overwhelmed by wanting to know if you are in or not. I've been there done that! :) Trust me though, in the end, all of this will be worth it!

Yea the interview was good and i like everything about the college. But right now the waiting is just killing me.

I'm so excited that you enjoyed our school and your interview. That's great to hear. Do you have any further concerns or questions regarding the program? I know at this point you are just overwhelmed by wanting to know if you are in or not. I've been there done that! :) Trust me though, in the end, all of this will be worth it!

I interviewed and was accepted back in the fall, and like most others have said the interview is pretty laid back. The admissions committee just wants to get to know who you are. Be yourself, remember your manners, dress professionally, and you'll do fine.

I'm really excited about starting PCSP in the fall. I investigated all of the Pharm.D. programs in NC, SC, and GA. PC was the best fit for me, which is noteworthy considering I am finishing undergrad at one of the other schools in the region who have a college of pharmacy.

Best of luck to the current applicants; I hope you hear good news soon!

Hi, I interviewed there and was accepted. I made a sheet with the questions asked and helpful tips during the interview process for a co-worker. If you leave your email address i can send you the document.

Hey can I get the questions from you, so I can know what to look for? email: [email protected]

hi i have an interview on tuesday the 31st anyone have any tips? im really nervous

Congrats on the interview. I'll be coming on the 31st too. Maybe I'll see you there.

Got a call today, I was accepted!!!! So excited:D
Hey do you know, how many people interviewed on the 19th with you, b/c one of my friend interviewed on the 24th and told me that there were about 20 people in the groups of 5.........

And do you know how many others have gotten in....

btw congrats !!!

Hey can I get the questions from you, so I can know what to look for? email: [email protected]

Please keep in mind that distributing and using interview questions is a violation of conduct at Presbyterian College School of Pharmacy. All applicants who are invited for interviews are required to sign a waiver stating that they will not disclose questions to any other applicant. If the Admissions committee at PCSP is to become aware of this, the application will be thrown out. We want everyone to have equal opportunities when it comes to the interview. Thank you!

Got a call today, I was accepted!!!! So excited:D

Congratulations! I look forward to meeting my future peers soon. I hope PC will be all you hoped it would be. I have truly enjoyed my experience thus far! :)

Congrats on the interview. I'll be coming on the 31st too. Maybe I'll see you there.

I hope you enjoyed your visit with us. Everyone looked very professional and held themselves in a very respectable manner. Best of luck to you! Do you have any other questions that perhaps weren't answered today or before your interview?

Does anyone know how many students have been accepted so far to start off in the fall 2012 ??

I know of 3 people other than myself. I interviewed on 1-31 and received an acceptance call today.

I have an interview on the 15th. I'm kinda nervous. But I look forward to meeting the faculty and seeing the school. I hear good things about it :)

I know of 3 people other than myself. I interviewed on 1-31 and received an acceptance call today.
But they said that the earliest you would know if accepted will be 10 days before they will call you so how come you got a call so early, I am just curious ??

But congrats !!