Presbyterian College School of Pharmacy Class of 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PCPharmD

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
A place for accepted PCSP students to introduce themselves, discuss housing options, ask questions, etc. Nice to meet everyone!

Members don't see this ad.

A place for accepted PCSP students to introduce themselves, discuss housing options, ask questions, etc. Nice to meet everyone!

Highland Park Properties just started putting down the foundation for their second phase last week. Hopefully it will be completed before you all start in the fall. I lived in the first phase my first year and I thought the apartments were really nice and they are directly across the street. Just an FYI :)

Thanks for the info, PCSPstudent! I did see the ad for Highland Park listed on the PC web site, but I am a little confused as to what is meant by "phase 1" or "phase 2," exactly. Are they separate buildings?

If you don't mind my asking, is there a significant reason why you chose not to stay at Highland Park for a second year?

Also, could you share some info. about how much the monthly rent is and also any amenities they might offer (laundry in unit, private bathroom, etc.)

Thanks, PCSPstudent! :D

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for the info, PCSPstudent! I did see the ad for Highland Park listed on the PC web site, but I am a little confused as to what is meant by "phase 1" or "phase 2," exactly. Are they separate buildings?

If you don't mind my asking, is there a significant reason why you chose not to stay at Highland Park for a second year?

Also, could you share some info. about how much the monthly rent is and also any amenities they might offer (laundry in unit, private bathroom, etc.)

Thanks, PCSPstudent! :D

Phase 1 was the first building built for the first class (my class). There of course is an increased demand with the subsequent classes coming in so they are building a second building right across from the first one. I chose not to stay simply because I got married and we moved into my husband's apartment. The rent runs $1050 for the two bedroom which is what I did and splitting it with a roommate made it a lot easier. ($525 wasn't bad for a new apartment) One bedrooms run $675...which is high...so I would suggest trying to get more info from their office in Laurens soon as to hopefully be able to share the rent with someone else. Each room in the two bedroom has its on restroom and there is also a half bath in some of the two bedrooms as well. There are washer/dryer hookups but they only have "plans" to incorporate a laundry facility at some point. The biggest plus though is that it is within walking distance to the school. (It'll save some gas) Hope this helps :)

Thanks for the info, pcspstudent.

It sounds like it will be a nice place. Until hearing more about the Highland apartments, I was really leaning towards commuting from Simpsonville. But now I'm not sure. Do your classmates who commute seem happy with the drive, pcspstudent?

The apartment complex I was looking into is the Garden District Apartments. It costs just about the same as the private room at Highland, and it does include laundry in suite, but I would spend more money in fuel each week, too. So it is kind of a trade off.

One last question about Highland: is wifi/cable/water/electricity included in the monthly rent, or are residents responsible for all of that, too?

Thanks! :)

We have plenty of students commuting. I actually commute from Spartanburg. It's not bad at all. The only time it makes a difference is when you may want to study in mornings before a test and of course the extra gas costs as well. As far as costs...electricity and cable are seperate but WIFI and water are included.

Thanks for the info, pcspstudent.

It sounds like it will be a nice place. Until hearing more about the Highland apartments, I was really leaning towards commuting from Simpsonville. But now I'm not sure. Do your classmates who commute seem happy with the drive, pcspstudent?

The apartment complex I was looking into is the Garden District Apartments. It costs just about the same as the private room at Highland, and it does include laundry in suite, but I would spend more money in fuel each week, too. So it is kind of a trade off.

One last question about Highland: is wifi/cable/water/electricity included in the monthly rent, or are residents responsible for all of that, too?

Thanks! :)

We have plenty of students commuting. I actually commute from Spartanburg. It's not bad at all. The only time it makes a difference is when you may want to study in mornings before a test and of course the extra gas costs as well. As far as costs...electricity and cable are separate but WIFI and water are included.

We have plenty of students commuting. I actually commute from Spartanburg. It's not bad at all. The only time it makes a difference is when you may want to study in mornings before a test and of course the extra gas costs as well. As far as costs...electricity and cable are seperate but WIFI and water are included.

Thanks again for all of the information, pcspstudent; I really appreciate it! :)

Thanks again for all of the information, pcspstudent; I really appreciate it! :)

Apartments for rent: Highland Park apartments phase two will open in July. One and two bedroom apartments are available. For information, please contact Cort Nagle at 678-350-8388 or email him at [email protected]. These are located directly behind the Clinton Museum.

Here's additional info I just found out! :) Hope this helps!

Thanks for the info!

I e-mailed them, and they responded that there will be 26 single unit apartments and 4 double occupancy. All are available on a first come, first served basis. But the rent has increased to $725. /month for the single unit and $1200. ($600 ea.)/month for the double.

I'm going to think about it over the next couple days; it seems like it will be a nice place, but that is a bit more than I wanted to spend.

Thanks for the info!

I e-mailed them, and they responded that there will be 26 single unit apartments and 4 double occupancy. All are available on a first come, first served basis. But the rent has increased to $725. /month for the single unit and $1200. ($600 ea.)/month for the double.

I'm going to think about it over the next couple days; it seems like it will be a nice place, but that is a bit more than I wanted to spend.

Sounds good! I just wanted to keep you updated on what I knew! :) Good luck in your search!

Don't forget, class of 2016 and others. PCSP does have a housing page on facebook too that is updated every time we hear of someone wanting to rent out property. Hope this helps! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Is anyone planning to attend the "meet and greet" on April 21st? If nothing comes up, I definitley plan to be there. Looking forward to meeting everyone!

Is anyone planning to attend the "meet and greet" on April 21st? If nothing comes up, I definitley plan to be there. Looking forward to meeting everyone!

I would highly recommend all of you who can to come. It's a great opportunity to introduce yourself to the faculty and other students and a great opportunity to ask any questions that you may still have. Hope to see you all there! :)

Hi, Is anyone interested in a roommate either at the Highland Park or Adair Street Apartment??

Im interested! Highland is expensive for clinton though, I dont know about adair apartments (are they pretty nice?). I found a apartment in fountain inn, sc (fountain Inn apartments) about 15 miles away, I dont really know that area though.

Im interested! Highland is expensive for clinton though, I dont know about adair apartments (are they pretty nice?). I found a apartment in fountain inn, sc (fountain Inn apartments) about 15 miles away, I dont really know that area though.

I'm actually looking into Adlair Street Apts that are being renovated right now. I called Greg today and he said that the ones they are renovating is only $$550 for one bedroom that includes a washer and dryer. I'm sure a two bedroom will be cheaper. How do we get invited to the housing group on facebook for Presbyterian College of Pharmacy? Fountain inn is about 29 mins away according to map quest :(

I'm actually looking into Adlair Street Apts that are being renovated right now. I called Greg today and he said that the ones they are renovating is only $$550 for one bedroom that includes a washer and dryer. I'm sure a two bedroom will be cheaper. How do we get invited to the housing group on facebook for Presbyterian College of Pharmacy? Fountain inn is about 29 mins away according to map quest :(

I paid my deposit, and when the school received it I went to the Facebook page and I asked to join! The link is in the housing section on the school website, ok on Adair how much for two or three bedroom?

@pcspstudent I was wondering on about how many people to bring to the meet and greet? I have a rather large family, and I am really close to my grandparents and both my parents are remarried. I want them to come and check out the school and where I will be for the next 4 years. I also don't want to be the guy who brings 6 people...

@pcspstudent I was wondering on about how many people to bring to the meet and greet? I have a rather large family, and I am really close to my grandparents and both my parents are remarried. I want them to come and check out the school and where I will be for the next 4 years. I also don't want to be the guy who brings 6 people...

To my knowledge there isn't a limit on the number of people you bring. I know it's hard when you have a large family. I'm in the same boat. I will certainly find out for you, but as of right now I really dont feel it would be a problem. Remember too though, during the white coat ceremony will be another time to bring your loved ones to the school to celebrate with you. So, you could possibly split them up and bring some of them with you then. Just a suggestion as that is what I did. Congratulations on your acceptance by the way. Welcome to the family. If you have any other questions please let me know. My email contact is: [email protected].

I received the letter from the I.T. department at PC today with my email; moodle; and bannerweb information, and I was just wondering if I need to check my mail at that e-mail address regularly, even though school doesn't start until August?

They have always contacted me through my personal e-mail address, but I am wondering if they are going to stop sending information to my personal account now that I have been assigned my PC account?

Thanks!

I received the letter from the I.T. department at PC today with my email; moodle; and bannerweb information, and I was just wondering if I need to check my mail at that e-mail address regularly, even though school doesn't start until August?

They have always contacted me through my personal e-mail address, but I am wondering if they are going to stop sending information to my personal account now that I have been assigned my PC account?

Thanks!

Usually they wont stop contacting you through personal email, however, so things will be going to your email. Moodle at this point is merely for class stuff and I wouldn't worry about that at this point. Finally, bannerweb is where you will go to review financial aid documents and all other documents that they may need from you before starting in August. Hope this helps. Again, my email is [email protected] if you have other questions.

I finally made my decision; I am going to stay at the new Highland Park apartments. But I did want to post a "heads up" in case anyone else has been considering this as a viable option for himself/herself: after I sent my deposit, Mr. Nagle sent me the floorplans and told me from which units I could choose, and there aren't many left; I believe there were 11 single units, but I don't know about the doubles since I am renting a single unit. So if you are seriously considering it, you may want to think about getting in touch sooner rather than later. I didn't realize so many would be reserved at this point. :thumbup:

Just an update on your previous question. Due to the increasing number of students and faculty, they are asking that guests be limited to 2 this year. I apologize for any confusion this may have caused, however, they wanted to make this even available to current students and faculty as well in order to answer all the questions that you may have and to give you an opportunity to interact with them as well. Again, I apologize for any confusion, and remember too, you'll have another opportunity at the white coat ceremony to bring other relatives and loved ones.

Just an update on your previous question. Due to the increasing number of students and faculty, they are asking that guests be limited to 2 this year. I apologize for any confusion this may have caused, however, they wanted to make this even available to current students and faculty as well in order to answer all the questions that you may have and to give you an opportunity to interact with them as well. Again, I apologize for any confusion, and remember too, you'll have another opportunity at the white coat ceremony to bring other relatives and loved ones.

By any chance, pcstudent, do you know if there is a limit on the number of people whom one can invite to attend the white coat ceremony? Thanks! :)

By any chance, pcstudent, do you know if there is a limit on the number of people whom one can invite to attend the white coat ceremony? Thanks! :)

Currently, there is no limit on the number of people you can bring to the White Coat Ceremony. If anything changes, I will be sure to update this. Hope this helps and sorry again for any confusion.

Are all of you having an okay time finding housing? I hope all is well!

Did everyone enjoy the meet and greet? We sure enjoyed having all of you at PCSP!

Did everyone enjoy the meet and greet? We sure enjoyed having all of you at PCSP!

My parents and I had a wonderful time. They really enjoyed seeing the facilities, hearing more about the program, and seeing all that it has to offer. All of the current P1s and P2s were so welcoming and helpful, too. It was a great day!

My parents and I had a wonderful time. They really enjoyed seeing the facilities, hearing more about the program, and seeing all that it has to offer. All of the current P1s and P2s were so welcoming and helpful, too. It was a great day!

I'm glad you had a great experience. It was great getting to know our new class. We are excited about having all of you join the family in the fall. Are there any other questions that you have at this time?

One quick question. Do you know if the School will be making any type of invitation, announcement, etc., for us to use to invite our family and friends to the white coat ceremony?

One quick question. Do you know if the School will be making any type of invitation, announcement, etc., for us to use to invite our family and friends to the white coat ceremony?

They will send out an invitation for you, however, multiple copies will not be mailed or created for family. Is that what you were asking and do you have any other questions?

Does anyone have any info on the scholarships for this year? The e-mail said that awards would be announced on July 1, but I haven't seen any announcement. Were selected candidates notified privately?

Hi everyone! Hope everyone is doing good!
I was wondering if anyone knows what kind of lap top we will be getting during orientation week?

Thanks!

Hi everyone! Hope everyone is doing good!
I was wondering if anyone knows what kind of lap top we will be getting during orientation week?

Thanks!

I don't know what type of lap top we'll be receivng, but just wanted to say hello and that it's nice to see a new face on here. See ya next month at orientation :thumbup:

The two classes before you received Lenovo laptops.

Does anyone have any info on the scholarships for this year? The e-mail said that awards would be announced on July 1, but I haven't seen any announcement. Were selected candidates notified privately?

Students were notified by mail if they were to receive a scholarship.

Thank you! I'm glad I found this so that I can get some questions answered. See you next month!! I'm excited!!

PCSP student, where do you recommend we get our books?

Thank you.

PCSP student, where do you recommend we get our books?

Thank you.

I have typically used places such as amazon. There are numerous online sites, however, such as the online bookstore through the school's site, ebay, and various other sites. If you do decide to go with amazon they offer a year of free 2 day shipping for students, so that is something worth checking into. Our onsite bookstore at the college had to close this past year, so as of this current time that option is not available. Hope this helps and sorry for the tardy reply.