Prescriptions for Sudafed

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nsxiboi

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
If a patient brings a legit prescription for Sudafed, can the pharmacy fill it or does the patient need to buy it OTC?? If pharmacy fills it, how does the government track how much sudafed the patient is getting??

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
That's going to depend on the state. I know Kentucky is thinking of requiring a prescription AND limiting the amount of drug allowed monthly. Of course, Appalachia is the epicenter of meth production. Here in PA, you can give as much pseudoephedrine as the physician orders if there is a legitimate prescription.

To my knowledge there are no govt. imposed limits on purchasing Sudafed by prescription. Nor do you need to show id. I especially suggest it to people who have FSA cards.

Members don't see this ad :)
That's going to depend on the state. I know Kentucky is thinking of requiring a prescription AND limiting the amount of drug allowed monthly. Of course, Appalachia is the epicenter of meth production. Here in PA, you can give as much pseudoephedrine as the physician orders if there is a legitimate prescription.

They were discussing it, but as of right now we don't track pseudoephedrine at all that I'm aware of if it's filled as a prescription. I think the bill you're talking about might be dead at this point though.

They were discussing it, but as of right now we don't track pseudoephedrine at all that I'm aware of if it's filled as a prescription. I think the bill you're talking about might be dead at this point though.

S---, I was looking forward to Methinator III: Rise of the PSE Pill Mills. Eventually SoFla supplying the rest of the nation with yet another illicit substance. Until all the whiners in Kentucky started complaining about the bodies piling up. Woulda been another a-w-e-s-o-m-e sequel.

I'll just have to settle for watching Breaking Bad at this point I suppose.