Primal Reflex Release Technique

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

signature16

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anybody heard of Primal Reflex Release Technique? If you have, what do you know about and is it as amazing as it claims?

This is a video I got by email that kind of explains how it works

http://www.theprrt.com/etc/video/index.php?file=paula

I think its a really cool technique, but I can't find much solid background info on it. If anybody has links, please post them!

Members don't see this ad.

I actually saw that post. I'm just curious if anybody has experience with PRRT. I think John Barnes has a ridiculously unprofessional picture on his myofascial release website. PRRT on the other hand seems to be a very promising technique with a little more background to it. I contacted the company and apparently there is research going... I have no idea how true that is.

Anybody have a positive experience with PRRT?

Members don't see this ad :)
This has been hashed over at another blog:

http://blog.myphysicaltherapyspace.com/2007/05/primal_reflex_r.html

You'll see a link to one of Iams promotional flyers on this web page above. I hope that all of the readers of this blog would cringe as much as I do when the headline reads "scientific" discovery.

The guy actually uses phrases such as "Triple Protection Guarantee" and "Try it before you buy it". These words sounds like they should be on a Ron Popeil infomercial rather than on a promtional flyer for a credible, scientific approach to treating patients who are in pain.

I am currently in PT for a neck problem and my PT used this method on me last week. I had no idea what she was doing but the results were totally amazing. Even though I was there for my neck this technique stopped some lower back pain too. I also do a lot of walking for exercise and between my back and my shins it was pretty uncomfortable but the day I recieved this treatment I not only was able to walk my 3 miles pain free but I also shaved over 5 minutes off my time. So my opinion is that this technique produces amazing/awesome results and I highly recommend it!!!!!