Primary Release

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LPpostbacc

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
OK.....tomorrow is post time. How soon do you think it will be before we get any secondary emails? 24hrs? On Monday?

Mail Tuesday (before the holiday)? Thurs?

Yes, I'm bored. :D

Members don't see this ad.

OK.....tomorrow is post time. How soon do you think it will be before we get any secondary emails? 24hrs? On Monday?

Mail Tuesday (before the holiday)? Thurs?

Yes, I'm bored. :D

You'll get some first thing in the morning. It's so exciting!! Haha ok no, I'm so glad I never have to do that again ;)

No idea. But I'm thinking if they release apps about 9am we could get some automatic secondaries by tomorrow afternoon?

Members don't see this ad :)
Just be ready for your life as you know it to be over for the next month or so lol!

i don't understand why you're all so excited about secondaries. they're just a bunch of boring short essays that are sometimes hard to answer.

i don't understand why you're all so excited about secondaries. they're just a bunch of boring short essays that are sometimes hard to answer.

I'll tell you why, they represent the last hurdle of a long journey for some people.

:mad: I submitted on the 14th (at 2am ) so it looks like I JUST missed the june 29th wagon. womp womp

:mad: I submitted on the 14th (at 2am ) so it looks like I JUST missed the june 29th wagon. womp womp

Seriously... I submitted on the 13th in the afternoon. Looks like I won't get verified till Tuesday :(

Seriously... I submitted on the 13th in the afternoon. Looks like I won't get verified till Tuesday :(

It's alright, I doubt everyone who was verified by tomorrow will be COMPLETE with their secondaries. So as long as we're quick with that I think we'll be ok. :thumbup: ... plus..what difference will a couple days make...right?

Uh, idk about you guys, but I've already got 4 MD secondaries sitting in my inbox....

Uh, idk about you guys, but I've already got 4 MD secondaries sitting in my inbox....

I+sense+a+troll.+Enjoy_acf1e8_3635391.jpg

dang submit the 14th too and still not verified.

Members don't see this ad :)
Well, those little things (interviews? is that what they're called?) might be a little bump in the road, too...

I feel like getting an interview invite is more of a success rather than a "oh damn, another thing for me to do now...grrr" type moment... :rolleyes:

I feel like getting an interview invite is more of a success rather than a "oh damn, another thing for me to do now...grrr" type moment... :rolleyes:

See how you feel at the end of the cycle.
Poll previous applicants, most won't say that attending interviews is awesome or a success...That's what acceptance letters are for.

Rather they will say that [if you have enough] they're expensive, stressful and tiring.

It's really just another step.

Nonsense. It's the worst feeling in the world to get a letter saying "We'd like for you to come in and speak with us about your application".

Also, I submitted on the 13th at 9pm. I might have missed the train too. Womp womp.

Well, those little things (interviews? is that what they're called?) might be a little bump in the road, too...

True. But with soooo many steps in this journey I agree that some of us like it when we can check one more step of. Completing secondaries although painful will bring us closer to accomplishing our goal:D

True. But with soooo many steps in this journey I agree that some of us like it when we can check one more step of. Completing secondaries although painful will bring us closer to accomplishing our goal:D

Sure, I can agree with that...

What I disagreed with was this quote:
"secondaries represent the last hurdle of a long journey for some people."

Secondaries are not the "last hurdle" in any of the possible categories.

Money spent? No.
Stress experienced? Nope.
Answers scripted? Hell no.
Competing against others? Ha!
Etc.

That said, interviews invites are positive and are, for all intents and purposes, the "last hurdle" that is preventing you from entering med school...unless you're talking of Georgetown, where the last hurdle will be scripting the perfect LOI post-interview.

Either way, we're really just arguing about petty gobbily gook... Now, back to obamacare. :smuggrin:

Money spent? No.
Etc.

That said, interviews invites are positive and are, for all intents and purposes, the "last hurdle" that is preventing you from entering med school...unless you're talking of Georgetown, where the last hurdle will be scripting the perfect LOI post-interview.

Either way, we're really just arguing about petty gobbily gook... Now, back to obamacare. :smuggrin:

I was referring to the journey of getting into medical school, that is correct. Thanks for pointing that out. As well as other random, generic parts of life that never change.

Buying toothpaste??? No.

Watching your hoops team lose in the playoffs? Nope.

Sitting in traffic? nope.

Is there a second release date? Or are applications just sent off to schools as they are verified from this point on?

Is there a second release date? Or are applications just sent off to schools as they are verified from this point on?

Nope, they're released as they're verified from today on.

You deal with interviews, costs, competition, and stresses similar in every job.

While you no doubt need to prepare, and interviews are an important part of the application process, I agree w/ TypicalIndian, it's almost like it plateaus at the secondary (just the process of application). An interview means you're one step much closer (well, the degree to which depends on each school).

I was looking back at all the little hurdles to get here. First Chem quiz, then exam. Bio exam. First day of volunteering. First day in the lab. Registering on SDN. Chem Final. First day of orgo. Maybe that exam in Genetics that didn't go so well, b/c your head was a ticking ball of mucous ready to explode. Trekking to the library when it was ten degrees at night, and windy. Then a family-related occurrence. First pre-med advisor meeting. Signing up for the MCAT. Signing up for Kaplan (buying EK/TPR/BR books). Diagnostic MCAT (the I'm f@ck#d feeling after it). First FL MCAT. 4th FL MCAT that you kinda dropped the ball on. Asking for LOR's. Actual MCAT. Waiting. Finals. Waiting. Waiting. Primary. Waiting. Secondaries....waiting.

Let me rephrase, "it's the last hurdle of a leg, of a longer journey."

Okay quick question... are they sent to our personal emails listed on AMCAS or is there like another place that you have to go to check for secondaries through AMCAS

I was referring to the journey of getting into medical school, that is correct. Thanks for pointing that out. As well as other random, generic parts of life that never change.

Buying toothpaste??? No.

Watching your hoops team lose in the playoffs? Nope.

Sitting in traffic? nope.

Yep...because that was the scope of my post. :rolleyes:

Okay quick question... are they sent to our personal emails listed on AMCAS or is there like another place that you have to go to check for secondaries through AMCAS
amcas plays no part in secondaries. they come through email

Ahh, I see your pleasure. Surfing the threads to add your witty, condescending $.02 to various places you see fit. Thanks. SDN is a better place with you here.

Fear not... I haven't even been verified yet and I have a secondary email in my inbox...

tha f :confused:
yeah there are a handful of schools that send out secondaries to un-verified applicants, last year I got one from BU and Rochester within minutes of submitting my amcas, in the middle of the night, haha.

Ahh, I see your pleasure. Surfing the threads to add your witty, condescending $.02 to various places you see fit. Thanks. SDN is a better place with you here.

Okay, let's try that again:

Okay, let's try that again:

Likewise. Stress, $$ spent, competition aren't tasks or steps to be completed in a process. "Scripting answers?" I'm not quite sure what your supercool-SDN-lingo is referring to here. Interview answers? If you're genuine, and intelligent, you shouldn't have to worry too much about "scripting."

I feel premeds completing the secondaries should feel a small degree of accomplishment. Of course, it would pale in comparison to receiving the actual letter/phone call/email of acceptance.

Has anyone gotten anything yet in their emails? I was submitted and verified 2 weeks ago. :-x

Take a deep breath and calm down. The day just started. The emails will come soon.

Has anyone gotten anything yet in their emails? I was submitted and verified 2 weeks ago. :-x

Likewise. Stress, $$ spent, competition aren't tasks or steps to be completed in a process. "Scripting answers?" I'm not quite sure what your supercool-SDN-lingo is referring to here. Interview answers? If you're genuine, and intelligent, you shouldn't have to worry too much about "scripting."

I feel premeds completing the secondaries should feel a small degree of accomplishment. Of course, it would pale in comparison to receiving the actual letter/phone call/email of acceptance.

Supercool-SDN-lingo?

lmao, okay, whatever you say.

Also, your crack at practicing interview responses is rather hypocritical of you. I GUARANTEE you that there will be at least some questions that you will anticipate and contemplate an answer beforehand (i.e. why our school, why medicine, tell me about yourself, etc.) If not, then you are either arrogant, lazy, maybe both... I don't know or care.

Keep arguing your hypocritical stance, wise one. Take comfort in the fact that the SECONDARIES are the "last hurdle" between you and your cherished med school spot. :laugh:

Just got my first one. Uniform Services! Let the carpal tunnel syndrome begin.

This is exactly how I'm feeling. I even went back to check my AMCAS to make sure there wasn't a typo in my email address. I'm a little ashamed right now :oops:

um. *looks around to make sure we're alone* I did too. but I couldn't find my email. >.< where is it?

*hides*

lolwait. i'm stupid. i got their email for verification. I'm going to close my computer and stop freaking out now....

good luck everyone!

Last edited:
if you haven't gotten your secondaries and submit them yet, might as well wait until next year.

Money spent? No.
Etc.

Interviews are fun! (At least, they should be.) Filling out secondary applications is not so fun.

Is AMCAS just slower this year? Looking at last year's verification thread, it looks like people who submitted on 6/16 were verified by the 29th. And applicants started submitting even earlier last year, on June 1. :(