Prince

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Imagine how we'd - doctors - be remembered it we killed Motzart.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I think that his son is a RN. But, you can see how painfully low the standards are to practice "addiction medicine." It's not a field that attracts the best and brightest.

Another example that VIP medicine is bad medicine. No one would send a non-physician with a pocket full of Suboxone across state lines to try to save Joe Sixpack from his addiction. I guess no lessons were learned from the Michael Jackson mess.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

The VIP didn't kill him, he was trying to save him. You can't hang this on Korfeld or his son.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
The VIP didn't kill him, he was trying to save him. You can't hang this on Korfeld or his son.

Bupe doesnt save OD, it saves addiction. Was he planning on inducing at home with the unlicensed son administering? Not lawful.

Besides fentanyl, what else was there in his system? Oxy? BZD? Was it a patch, injectable, or TM fentanyl?

Bupe doesnt save OD, it saves addiction. Was he planning on inducing at home with the unlicensed son administering? Not lawful.

Besides fentanyl, what else was there in his system? Oxy? BZD? Was it a patch, injectable, or TM fentanyl?

There is no good samaritan law for doing a medically inappropriate induction, practicing medicine by proxy, or practicing medicine across state lines. I would love to be the plaintiff's expert in this case.

apparently....

this guy is a "premed" student. a practice consultant for "Recovery Without Walls", with BA & BS in neuroscience and psych. no true medical training other than hanging out with his dad.

ive hung out with my dad. our family has even slept in a holiday inn express. no way i am a physical & theoretical chemist....

(of course, Prince was long dead before he was found, but that is a completely separate issue than a non-doctor practicing addiction medicine)

its weird that he had bupi on him. if that was indeed the case.

i think it was more along the lines of "here, take this and it will tide you over until you see my dad"

there was definitely correspondence between prince and these guys. i wonder if that is priviliged info? so many ethics angles to this.....

its weird that he had bupi on him. if that was indeed the case.

i think it was more along the lines of "here, take this and it will tide you over until you see my dad"

there was definitely correspondence between prince and these guys. i wonder if that is priviliged info? so many ethics angles to this.....
I got it that the family doc and concierge addictionologist are inept, but let's be frank, prince is a drug addict plan and simple. If I was the pathetic attorney defending the pcp, I would prove a history of Doctor shopping, illicit drug usage , illicit drug usage during concerts, arsenal Hall drug dispensing(apparently he's a drug dealer per sinead O'Connor) , and anything else to show prince was the chief culprit in his death.... Time for the media to blame the citizens of this country as well. I did this on tv during a prince drug overdose segment, in a stealth fashion of course...

I got it that the family doc and concierge addictionologist are inept, but let's be frank, prince is a drug addict plan and simple. If I was the pathetic attorney defending the pcp, I would prove a history of Doctor shopping, illicit drug usage , illicit drug usage during concerts, arsenal Hall drug dispensing(apparently he's a drug dealer per sinead O'Connor) , and anything else to show prince was the chief culprit in his death.... Time for the media to blame the citizens of this country as well. I did this on tv during a prince drug overdose segment, in a stealth fashion of course...

So what in that comment justifies giving a drug addict any opioid? Other than suboxone.... That doc still has no defense.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

So what in that comment justifies giving a drug addict any opioid? Other than suboxone.... That doc still has no defense.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
I would assume any rock start from the 80's is a drug addict and supply him with gabapentin, and not even lyrica. But I'm a pain Med doc and know how to screen. The pcp is wrong, but so is the manipulating rock star. We don't know the whole story. My guess prince was concierge pcp shopping...

What ever happened to the pain Med guy that killed anna nicole smith? Did he get acquitted?

I never really thought about Prince being a psychedelic or drug inspired artist until all this came down about his OD, like everyone else of course, but it sure makes it a lot easier to imaging what went into him writing a song like Purple Rain. He probably was stoned out of his God damned mind and hanging out with some hot chick when he started seeing visions of this: "I only wanted to see you
Bathing in the purple rain!"

No Charges Will Be Filed Over Prince's Death By Counterfeit Vicodin | HuffPost

“Prince’s death is a tragic example that prescription opioid addictions and deaths do not discriminate,” he said.
On April 21, 2016, the singer was found unresponsive in an elevator at Paisley Park, where he maintained an elaborate recording studio. Emergency responders attempted to revive him at the scene but were unable to do so.
The week before, Schulenberg reportedly prescribed Percocet meant for Prince to his friend Kirk Johnson, which the doctor allegedly said was done to protect the singer’s privacy. Shortly afterward, while on a plane, the singer passed out and was reportedly given Narcan, an emergency treatment for suspected opioid overdoses. Schulenberg has agreed to pay a $30,000 fine to settle a federal civil charge that, according to Metz, has to do with writing a prescription under a false name."

No Charges Will Be Filed Over Prince's Death By Counterfeit Vicodin | HuffPost

“Prince’s death is a tragic example that prescription opioid addictions and deaths do not discriminate,” he said.
On April 21, 2016, the singer was found unresponsive in an elevator at Paisley Park, where he maintained an elaborate recording studio. Emergency responders attempted to revive him at the scene but were unable to do so.
The week before, Schulenberg reportedly prescribed Percocet meant for Prince to his friend Kirk Johnson, which the doctor allegedly said was done to protect the singer’s privacy. Shortly afterward, while on a plane, the singer passed out and was reportedly given Narcan, an emergency treatment for suspected opioid overdoses. Schulenberg has agreed to pay a $30,000 fine to settle a federal civil charge that, according to Metz, has to do with writing a prescription under a false name."

Prince was found to have been taking counterfeit, black market fentanyl. This was therefore not a "prescription opiod" overdose. No prescription was ever written for the drug that killed him. He bought illegal stuff off the street and treated himself. There are likely thousands of these we never here about because they're not people named Prince, and they all get lumped into the "prescription opiate crisis" bucket, and lead to more rules, regulations and restrictions, none of which will do the slightest thing to stem the tide of illicit drugs made overseas (mostly fentanyl in China), that make it to U.S. streets and bypass all legal drug manufacturers, pharmacies, physician prescription pads and legitimate pain patients.

"Music superstar Prince died two years ago because he thought he was taking the common painkiller Vicodin when, unbeknownst to him, it was laced with deadly fentanyl, authorities said Thursday.

'He thought he was taking Vicodin and not fentanyl,' said Carver County Attorney Mark Metz at a press conference in Prince's home county.

Just short of two years after Prince's death, Metz announced that no one will be charged with a crime in connection with his death because there's no evidence showing how he got fake Vicodin laced with fentanyl, a synthetic opioid 50 times stronger than heroin, and no evidence he knew that's what it was."

Prince's death: Superstar didn't know he was taking fentanyl; no one charged with a crime

He was taking a fentanyl pill made to look exactly like Vicodin.

Had he not been used to habitually take Vicodin, had not been so accustomed to popping a couple of Norcos, then he wouldn’t have OD’d.

Hopefully the teenagers of today don’t grow up thinking it’s perfectly normal to pop Vics, because everyone is doing it, and don’t accidentally OD.

I’m willing to bet one of his last thoughts was “these aren’t the usual hydrocodones the guys get for me”...