Princeton Review Instructor Interview Dress Code?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FOOLSGAME

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am interviewing for a teaching position at Princeton Review and I was wondering what an appropriate dress code would be for those of you with experience in these matters. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I don't have any experience there, but if the word interview is in there, wear nothing less than a suit, period.

well it's a teaching demonstration, they want us to teach something to other applicants and watch our teaching style. do you still think i should go suits?

Members don't see this ad :)
When I interviewed with Princeton Review, I was already very familiar with the office staff since I had taken the prep course with them. I knew that they all worse shorts and sandals. So I wore very nice jeans, a dress shirt, and nice shoes. Dressy casual-ish. But, as I said, I already knew the vibe of their office

I wore business casual: black slacks, low heels and a... top? It was from Banana Republic if that helps. I think one of the big things they look for is comfort with teaching for an audience, so whatever you wear, make sure you feel comfortable and confident! Good luck!

When I interviewed there they explicitly stated business casual (button-down and slacks).

Yeah I think a full suit would look weird in this situation. Dress shirt and a tie should be enough.

When I interviewed there, I wore a skirt, nice shirt, and dress shoes. The guys wore slacks, dress shirts and shoes, and ties.

Good luck! Hope you get the job; it's a cool thing to do in your spare time.

I don't have any experience there, but if the word interview is in there, wear nothing less than a suit, period.

now that's a wee bit of a toolish way to approach this question, isn't it?

i'm auditioning to teach kaplan MCAT classes this month, and they explicitly told me to wear business casual. i would assume that princeton review is similar.

now that's a wee bit of a toolish way to approach this question, isn't it?

i'm auditioning to teach kaplan MCAT classes this month, and they explicitly told me to wear business casual. i would assume that princeton review is similar.

How is it a bit toolish? You can't go wrong with a suit, if anything you can take the coat off. Simple as that. Better to be overdressed than underdressed.

I can't believe nobody's suggested the obvious: @ssless chaps and a tubetop!

Agree with most everyone - a suit is an overkill; business casual is best.