Princeton Review Practice Tests vs MCAT 2015

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

stonyalltheway

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi I'm taking the 2015 MCAT Princeton Review Course. And I wanted to know how their Practice Tests compare to the real MCAT 2015. I've been getting a 496 on the Princeton MCATs…just wanted to know how predictive that actually is. For those of you who took the April 2015 MCAT, advice please!

Members don't see this ad.

Check out the April MCAT test takers thread. So far no one company seems to be as good as the AAMC material. NextStep is tougher, the TPR test I took was too old MCAT for me, and EK just came out. Hopefully they will change as ore info comes out.

Hi I'm taking the 2015 MCAT Princeton Review Course. And I wanted to know how their Practice Tests compare to the real MCAT 2015. I've been getting a 496 on the Princeton MCATs…just wanted to know how predictive that actually is. For those of you who took the April 2015 MCAT, advice please!

Hey man I've been scoring mid 490s too on the first two exams. I haven't finish content review (not even 30-40% of it to be honest) and I have been doing the core tests. First two I scored around what you had, I think 495 on both. If you superscore my sections, it's 499 I believe. I personally believe the Bio section is realistic to the new MCAT. I just took the second core test and it was very very cell/molecular bio/biochem heavy (with a heavier emphasis on biochem).
I'm curious about the psych/sociology section because I'm barely studying for it and I'm getting pretty decent scores on them (~125 on both). I do plan to go ham on it within the new few weeks because there were at least 2 points on that test that I can attest due to lack of content review.

Someone in the April forum got a 81-91% (DrHart I believe) and he got a 500 and 499 on two TPR tests he used which is in the 45-50% range.

Highest TPR score test I have heard of in real life from friends who have taken the class is a 504. Most people I know who took KTP didn't score above 500 more than once and averaged around high 490s by the end of their prep.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah, after taking the live online class all semester , doing the homework and finally studying on my own, I have managed to get a max 502 on my princeton practice tests. I am a little worried, naturally because I will be taking it in 2 weeks. But I would recommend not relying on Princeton Rev because historically their practice tests scores were much lower than actual exam. AAMC is your best bet. Good luck.

I wouldn't use TPR scores as diagnostic of your MCAT abilities. Just learn from what you're doing and look for an upward trend.

Reactions: 1 user
I have been studying with the Kaplan books and using the TPR exams, some of them are a lot harder than others it seems like, but the best I have gotten is 506.

Tell me what you think about the first section of test 3 for TPR...my self-esteem plummeted.

I admittedly stared at my screen for a minute after that section wondering what just happened. It was by far the hardest TPR section I've done so far.

Reactions: 1 users
Best I've managed on TPR is 509 and then a 501 on Kaplan. The TPR was better than my AAMC practice test. Go figure. I think it's just really varied from test to test, so like others have said just use it as a loose gauge, not a solid predictor of actual test day.