Princeton Review Ultimate Course

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Bambizzle

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys! I am thinking about doing the MCAT Princeton Review course during my next semester at school. I was wondering if anybody has done this and found it doable or if it was too overwhelming. Also, do they give you books or do you have to buy those separately?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I just signed up for the ultimate course- they do provide books as part of it. I'm taking only this over the summer because both doctor's I work with and friends of mine that were accepted this cycle told me it's better to study for the MCAT and do nothing else. It all depends on the person though but I felt like this was the best route for me.

I think it's definitely doable to take the Princeton course along with school courses, as long as you're not taking too many credits. I know several people who have taken 12 or 13 credits while taking the MCAT course. It will be a lot of work, and you really need to treat the PR course as a school course, making sure to pre-read for the classes and keep up with all the homework.

I would also highly recommend the TPR course. Excellent instructors and materials.

Reactions: 1 user
I have a close friend who has been doing an in-class ultimate course alongside her regular classes on campus since last semester, and she has been exhausted the whole. Some of the classes are on weekdays so it's tough to go from a full day of classes/studying to an MCAT class going until 9:30 at night.

Having witnessed this, I signed up for the self-study course through TPR. The materials available are the same as an ultimate course, except that you have all the classes pre-recorded, you go at your own pace, and it's $500ish cheaper. I've been doing it alongside my classes and so far it's worked pretty well. Since I will have to take classes full-time and work over the summer full-time, I'm giving myself 9 months to study going at about 10 hrs/week of studying (maybe slightly more over the summer). You have access to the self-study course for 270 days, which is more than enough time.