Princeton Review's Online Practice Tests...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ponies2015

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I took the diagnostic test and got a pretty low score
I took Kaplan's diagnostic a week later with minimal studying and i scored 7 points higher
I just took a FL free online test that came with my TPR book and scored 8 points lower than I did with Kaplan.
I literally want to cry...TPR makes me feel so dumb.

Should I be worried??
How predictive are these scores?
I'm planning on taking the AAMC 3 next since I heard that's more predictive of your actual mcat score.

Anyone else having a similar experience?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
no, those tests are much harder than any AAMC exam and most likely harder than what you'll face on the real exam. They are meant to prepare you for the worst so that the real test doesn't seem so difficult

Members don't see this ad :)
The FL free online was the one that came with one of my princeton review books
I know, I'm wondering if it was the 1st diagnostic test to which you're referring, or the practice test after week 1 (which has a name... for some reason I thought it was the AAMC #10 that was included?). Just trying to gauge which exact one you did that gave you a low score/lowered your confidence. :rolleyes:
no, those tests are much harder than any AAMC exam and most likely harder than what you'll face on the real exam. They are meant to prepare you for the worst so that the real test doesn't seem so difficult
Good to know. :shy:

How does TPR practice test online 2015 compare to MCAT 2015? I just took TPR Complete Test 1 online and got a 503.

How does TPR practice test online 2015 compare to MCAT 2015? I just took TPR Complete Test 1 online and got a 503.

Generally they are definitely harder, but I thought they were good practice for reading through difficult passages and finding answers out of that, which is a lot like the real MCAT.

Chem is not indicative of the real thing, as it's much too focused on gen chem and what I thought was tough physics, rather than biochem material.

CARS is hard but great practice. Great for timing as well.

Bio had too much physio IMO, but experimental passages are good to do.

I thought psych was fairly predictive and about the same difficulty.

I took about 8 of them and ranged around 502 - 509 from beginning to end of my studying. Ended up 90-100 overall on real thing. So they're helping somehow!