Prite

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Solideliquid

Members Only
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone have any good free online PRITE review questions/resources?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I'm slowing adding 25-question blocks of old PRITE questions to my website (below). I have all the questions in an excel sheet (1000s), but it's just taking me a long time to add explanations (why right answers are right, and wrong answers are wrong) and convert them into the interactive, Flash, format.

Reactions: 1 user
kudos to you teufelhunden! your website looks awesome!

Members don't see this ad :)
http://www.psychresidentonline.com/PRITE.htm

YES! I just added the first set of questions to what will be a growing, FREE, test bank of old PRITE questions. I have all the questions in an excel sheet (1000s), but it's just taking me a long time to get them into html. Also, I want to eventually add more functionality, i.e. have responses explaining why the question selected was right or wrong. Anyway, I'm open to any suggestions.

Looks good but guess I should play devil's advocate here...Is this legal? I wonder what APA or whoever comes up with PRITE thinks about the website.

OH NOES!!!!1111111

Come on.

Looks good but guess I should play devil's advocate here...Is this legal? I wonder what APA or whoever comes up with PRITE thinks about the website.

The PRITE was created by The American College of Psychiatrists. Nowhere on their site or the PRITE site does it state any restrictions on use of the questions. Although copyrighted, I am assuming that fair use applies here, as
  • These questions are shared for educational purposes only and are entirely free of charge
  • This is a noncommercial site (no advertising)
I know that residency programs distribute and reuse old questions for educational purposes all the time. If someone can show that I'm breaking a law by sharing questions that the American College of Psychiatrists already freely shares (when they return our text booklets each year), let me know and I'll shut down that page immediately.

A way to answer this question legally was from what I understand Kaplan was involved in a lawsuit by at least 1 organization that makes one of the various tests that Kaplan offers training.

Did a google search and came up with this.
http://www.collegian.psu.edu/archive/1995/01/01-18-95tdc/01-18-95dnews-4.asp
ETS filed a lawsuit against Kaplan on Dec. 31 to prevent them from reproducing the test.

"What Kaplan did is an illegal act, by compiling and sharing the test. That is why we sued them," Nicosia said.

http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpa...nce/Times Topics/Subjects/T/Tests and Testing

When Kaplan, whose headquarters are in Manhattan, alerted the testing service in Lawrenceville, N.J., about the vulnerability, the service reduced the number of times that the test was offered and sued Kaplan for copyright infringement, breach of contract and fraud.

In June, Judge J. Frederick Motz of Federal District Court in Baltimore dismissed most of the suit, but he ruled that a trial should proceed on the issue of copyright infringement.

In the settlement, Kaplan agreed that some of its actions had been inappropriate although not illegal and that it was entirely proper to have exposed a security problem with a national examination.

Well, in the above case there's a settlement. No decision of right or wrong. If anyone knows of a case that can shed light on this, the question may be answered.

The PRITE was created by The American College of Psychiatrists. Nowhere on their site or the PRITE site does it state any restrictions on use of the questions. Although copyrighted, I am assuming that fair use applies here, as
  • These questions are shared for educational purposes only and are entirely free of charge
  • This is a noncommercial site (no advertising)
I know that residency programs distribute and reuse old questions for educational purposes all the time. If someone can show that I'm breaking a law by sharing questions that the American College of Psychiatrists already freely shares (when they return our text booklets each year), let me know and I'll shut down that page immediately.

Perfectly fine with me:) You have made some good points. I was simply raising the point for your sake. Keep up the good work:thumbup: