Private Forum

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SleepIsGood

Support the ASA !
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Since a lot of people have recently been asking and I've received a record number of requests in one day..here it goes. As a side note, I am the moderator for the private forum. Anyways.

In order to access the private forum, please do the following.

1)Go to the upper left and click on UserCP. Once on the next page go to Group Memberships. Then choose the group you want to join. Our private forum is called: "Anesthesiology Club"

Once you have put in a request, please PM me as well. Also in the 'request reason" indicate what level you are in (CA1, medstudent,etc) and include your real name. I cross check everyone's real name against the ASA database to verify that you are indeed a physician/medical student. Then I send an email to the address you have on the ASA database with instructions on how to access the forum. The information you provide me is STRICTLY confidential. I am not allowed to give away your identity.

In order to gain access, you must be an ASA member. You must also be a medical student/resident physician/anesthesiologist. All the members of the forum have done everything above, so please... it is unfair for me to stretch the rules so please do not ask me to.

In my opinion, if we want CRNAs to not know what we are up to at all times we need to find a way to disseminate information among physicians w/o CRNAs seeing it. Every bit of advice that we post on here as a "tip" empowers the CRNAs. Remember knowledge is power. The more they know..the more they do not need us.

Is it secretive? Perhaps. But it's no foreskin society, it's open to physicians and physician-to bes of all sexes, races, etc. To all the nay sayers please look at ToughLife's Billboard post which shows the unity and strength the CRNAs posses. If as physicians we can not unite in a greater manner...we will definitely be overtaken by the hungry and motivated CRNAs (those that want to practice independently, those that want to practice pain med,etc).

Finally, I can say this. Although everyone in our forum may not have the same opinion on everything. There is one thing we do not have....TROLLS. If you want quiet and educated convo..come on over :thumbup:

cheers.

Members don't see this ad.

Just a reminder to those that have been sending in requests. Please provide your REAL name in the request and/or PM to so that I can check it with the ASA.

I say this only because I've received a lot of PMs/Requests w/o real names on them. It saves me having to send you a PM asking for your real name.

Thanks