Private Practice Vs. Academics in NE

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

precedexter

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Finishing up residency in a couple months and looking to move to the NorthEast. My fiance has some family around UConn so we would like to stay around that area. Any word on the culture there? I'm open to both academic and private groups right now. Trying to get a lay of the land.

Members don't see this ad.

This is not a jab at all but I'm curious as to why you don't have a job lined up yet? Is the market that difficult or were you unsure as to where you wanted to practice until now? What gives?

This is not a jab at all but I'm curious as to why you don't have a job lined up yet? Is the market that difficult or were you unsure as to where you wanted to practice until now? What gives?

Come on, it's February. ...You don't NEED to have a job lined up.

Members don't see this ad :)
I guess so. But that is why I asked the question, bc I wanted to know. I seem to remember people having jobs lined up by feb back when I was looking. It takes a long to time to get a license in some states and the longer you wait the less likely you will be ready come July.