Probationary accreditation status

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Giants2008

THEMANTHEMYTH
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
My thoughts are

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
It depends upon why they are probationary. All schools are on "probationary accreditation status" until immediately after the first class graduates. If they were accredited before and are on probation now, that is a different story and you should find out why the status changed.

I graduated in the second class of the program at DMU. We weren't accredited until I was halfway through the program.

The school is very motivated to become and remain accredited because their graduates cannot sit for the national exam if they are not accredited. That happens . . . no more applicants and no more school.

Dear Truthseeker,

Thanks for your reply, I appreciate your input. My biggest fear would be to go through a program and then after all that time NOT be able to get licensed. Also, have you ever heard of a person who got certified as a Massage Therapist and Physical Therapist?

Thanks,
Giants2008

Dear Truthseeker,

Thanks for your reply, I appreciate your input. My biggest fear would be to go through a program and then after all that time NOT be able to get licensed. Also, have you ever heard of a person who got certified as a Massage Therapist and Physical Therapist?

Thanks,
Giants2008

It is redundant. PTs can do massage, MTs can't do PT.