Problem with TBR physics...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BestDoctorEver

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am using TBR physics and it's killing me...I am getting 8/15 all the way exept Section I (got a 9/15). I don't know what I am doing wrong. Does anyone know any other books I can use that can help me nail these concepts?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I am using TPR physics and it's killing me...I am getting 8/15 all the way exept Section I (got a 9/15). I don't know what I am doing wrong. Does anyone know any other books I can use that can help me nail these concepts?

Kind of confused here. The title says TBR but you mention TPR? Well TBR is much more difficult than real MCAT physics from what I hear so don't get discouraged! Make sure you sit down and understand what you got wrong, after all it's just practice. TPR physics on the other hand, I would say, is on par with the MCAT (difficulty wise) although they stress a lot of calculation based problems while TBR stresses the theory.

EK 1001 does a good job at covering the basics, so you might want to look into that. Good luck! :thumbup:

Kind of confused here. The title says TBR but you mention TPR? Well TBR is much more difficult than real MCAT physics from what I hear so don't get discouraged! Make sure you sit down and understand what you got wrong, after all it's just practice. TPR physics on the other hand, I would say, is on par with the MCAT (difficulty wise) although they stress a lot of calculation based problems while TBR stresses the theory.

EK 1001 does a good job at covering the basics, so you might want to look into that. Good luck! :thumbup:
Sorry...I am using TBR...

Members don't see this ad :)
:thumbup: Agreed ... EK 1001 first, then TBR Physics ... It is a whole lot easier when you have a good grasp on the concepts.
My friend just told me about this strategy as well....He was getting around 65% consistently using BR, then he switches to EK 101 after doing content review from BR; then go back to BR to do passages and his score jumps to 75%+ consistently. I wish I knew that 2 months ago when I just started my content review. Anyway, I just ordered EK 101 in all subjects and hope to got them soon. Thanks...

My friend just told me about this strategy as well....He was getting around 65% consistently using BR, then he switches to EK 101 after doing content review from BR; then go back to BR to do passages and his score jumps to 75%+ consistently. I wish I knew that 2 months ago when I just started my content review. Anyway, I just ordered EK 101 in all subjects and hope to got them soon. Thanks...

If you do BR first then switch to TPR and EK, you will look frick'n smart. I'm glad that I'm not the only one getting murdered by BR's physics.

I wonder if TBR is so theory focused, then why does SN2ed and other recommend it so much?

I'm getting even worse marks than you are on BR physics. Reading this thread just brought my blood pressure down, I feel so much better. I'm going to take your guys' advice then let you know how it works out for me.

I'm getting even worse marks than you are on BR physics. Reading this thread just brought my blood pressure down, I feel so much better. I'm going to take your guys' advice then let you know how it works out for me.
I am getting between 56%-62% for physics. I am doing a little better in chemistry (65%-75%). Are you doing worse than that?

Last edited:
I wonder if TBR is so theory focused, then why does SN2ed and other recommend it so much?

Because that IS what the MCAT is like -- it's all about understanding concepts and critically thinking about new situations and/or advanced concepts. A pretty large number of questions involve application and/or "why do did they do this" type questions.

You have to keep in mind what they're testing....

not to troll, but i find TBR to be pretty easy. but then again, i took physics in high school, and then again at my university. from what i've been seeing in TBR though is that its highly conceptual and less mathematical even though they really hammer the math home in the actual content review. the math doesn't matter though if the concepts don't make sense, you have to choose the right formula. also, i think you should also use intuition in the physics section. EK stresses this a lot, and there were some questions where you can almost intuitively guess. this works really well for TBR physics 1 since its mostly kinematics and stuff, it might not work so well with TBR physics 2 since its EnM stuff (who deals with capacitors, resistors, etc all day in real life?)

not to troll, but i find TBR to be pretty easy. but then again, i took physics in high school, and then again at my university. from what i've been seeing in TBR though is that its highly conceptual and less mathematical even though they really hammer the math home in the actual content review. the math doesn't matter though if the concepts don't make sense, you have to choose the right formula. also, i think you should also use intuition in the physics section. EK stresses this a lot, and there were some questions where you can almost intuitively guess. this works really well for TBR physics 1 since its mostly kinematics and stuff, it might not work so well with TBR physics 2 since its EnM stuff (who deals with capacitors, resistors, etc all day in real life?)

The key is to connect the EnM to more tangible concepts (e.g., fluid dynamics and circuitry have a number of similarities, although tell this to a physics major and they might crucify you for blasphemy). Once you do that, intuition develops naturally.

The key is to connect the EnM to more tangible concepts (e.g., fluid dynamics and circuitry have a number of similarities, although tell this to a physics major and they might crucify you for blasphemy). Once you do that, intuition develops naturally.

this is true.