problems getting messages from ERAS?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

futuredo32

20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I got an email from ERAS saying I had a message from a program I applied to. I went to check it and it either shows no message or shows the message title from the program, but I can't open it. Anyone else having this issue?
This has been an hour and a half.

Members don't see this ad.

Same here, my mailbox spends a while with the circular loading icon and then shows me a blank mailbox, even though I had messages saved from earlier.

Glad I'm not the only one. Found an e-mail in my spam saying a residency program had sent ma message. Check the ERAS message center (which I didn't even know was a thing at the time of submission), wham, no messages displayed. It's been about a day since they originally sent it so I wish I could see what the residency program wanted to inquire about.

So... Its an hour after eras was supposedly going to issue an update... Is the system back up? My messages were working fine as far as I could tell. Just trying to figure out if I'm not receiving messages because I'm still waiting for interview confirmations

People are posting on other forums that when they log on to ERAS they are logging in to other peoples accounts. Also, someone was getting invites addressed to another student...the latter could have been a program error but the former is pretty concerning. No idea if its true.

They just sent an email saying that's it's all working again but wtf? People logging into other people's accounts and getting other invites? I'm starting to think they really did hire the Obamacare contractor for this rollout.

Yeah, I got their e-mail in my personal account but it's not in the MyERAS message center....maybe it's not supposed to be? I usually always get a message in both.

has anyone had any luck replying to programs through the message center? I do not think that works, either.

You can reply as long as you see the "reply" button activated.

It works.