Procedural Derm vs Cosmetics?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Sophia88

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm a little confused about the differences between procedural, MOHS and cosmetic fellowships listed on the ASDS website. I am interested in cosmetics and considering doing a fellowship to gain more experience but there aren't very many programs listed under cosmetics alone on the website? I was also wondering around when when do residents send their applications? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I'm a little confused about the differences between procedural, MOHS and cosmetic fellowships listed on the ASDS website. I am interested in cosmetics and considering doing a fellowship to gain more experience but there aren't very many programs listed under cosmetics alone on the website? I was also wondering around when when do residents send their applications? Thanks!

The terminology has changed so much since I was a fellow I couldn't even tell you the difference. I do know you apply at the beginning of your 3rd year of residency.