Procedure Suites

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Papa Lou

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
How many of you guys are working out of in-office procedure suites? How many are using ASCs? I'm curious because most of the conversations in older threads about procedure suites ended around 2013 (around time big reimbursement hits for in-office came about).

For those using in-office how happy are you with the economics of that vs using an ASC with ownership of shares? Of course this would all be out of context without some mention of weekly procedural volume as well.

Thanks for any responses!

Members don't see this ad.

I have in-office and ASC suites. I prefer the office really, its just so much quicker and efficient. They money is nice from the ASC, sure, but it's also a lot more administrative work.

Members don't see this ad :)
How many of you guys are working out of in-office procedure suites? How many are using ASCs? I'm curious because most of the conversations in older threads about procedure suites ended around 2013 (around time big reimbursement hits for in-office came about).

For those using in-office how happy are you with the economics of that vs using an ASC with ownership of shares? Of course this would all be out of context without some mention of weekly procedural volume as well.

Thanks for any responses!
Still in office. I have nothing against an ASC set up, I just see no need to go that route at this point.

why do you have both in-office and ASC suite?