Professional experience on AADSAS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DATPATel

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am going to be an in-class mentor for my old organic professor. Under which category would I put that on the AADSAS form in the professional experience section?

The options are Awards/Honors/Scholarships, Volunteering/Community Service/Extracurricular, Research experience, Work experience, and Dentistry/Shadowing experience. I would assume it'd be under the Volunteering/Community Service/Extracurricular section. I'm not getting paid for the position, but I am getting one credit hour for it, so would it still count under that section?

Members don't see this ad.

I'd put it down as an extracurricular.

If you're getting school credit, will it show up on your transcript? I'm just wondering.

I'd put it down as an extracurricular.

If you're getting school credit, will it show up on your transcript? I'm just wondering.

Well it won't be on the transcript that AADSAS will receive because my professor has yet to add the course to my schedule (will happen first week of August and the transcript was sent July 22)