professional liability insurance

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ssharma

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi!
I am an international medical graduate and am taking part in the upcoming match in US. The programs that I am interrested in have special requirements for IMGs -- clinical experience with direct patient care in US. For this I need liability insurance for myself. Can anybody tell me how to get insurance coverage for myself for a few months? Is it expensive?
Also what are the chances of an IMG getting into one of the more competitive branches like Radiology and Dermatology?
I'd be grateful for any advice on the above.
......ss

Members don't see this ad.

Originally posted by ssharma
Hi!
Also what are the chances of an IMG getting into one of the more competitive branches like Radiology and Dermatology?
I'd be grateful for any advice on the above.
......ss

Hello,

I think it's possible to get into Dermatology as I've seen a link here to an IMG from Australia who is in it. There is also a guy known as Dr.Cuts who's an IMG from the Caribbean somewhere who is in Radiology.

Keep in mind though that these are tough areas even for US grads, so as an IMG high scores on USMLEs, LORs and research would be a big plus.