Professor on Strike

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ebasappa

Momma said knock you out.
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I'm in a bit of a weird situation. I'm applying for the 14-15 cycle and I'm just finishing my last quarter of classes that finishes June 14. Now, I'm taking my last neuroscience classes and my 3rd English course (which is a prerequisite for med school). My professor let us know, however, that the UC TA union she is part of will be on strike if their movement gains no momentum during or before finals week. If that happens she said there will most definelty be a delay in grades (she doesn't know how long). I'm a bit worriered because this means my transcript will be delayed.

I ask you sdn, what should I do? Should I submit my transcript now even though my English prerequisite is not in?

I appreciate all input!

Members don't see this ad.

Yes, just submit the transcript. The only reason I would wait is if your GPA will change a lot (for the better) having all these grades in. Don't worry about it being a pre-req since plenty of students apply without even having taken the required classes yet.

Yes, just submit the transcript. The only reason I would wait is if your GPA will change a lot (for the better) having all these grades in. Don't worry about it being a pre-req since plenty of students apply without even having taken the required classes yet.

Sounds like a good idea, if I do this am I required to update the med schools I applied to? If so, how? Thanks!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Sounds like a good idea, if I do this am I required to update the med schools I applied to? If so, how? Thanks!!

It depends on the school. Some of the schools I applied to had special areas on their website that you can log in to and upload documents (update letters, new LORs, new grades, etc). Other schools you just have to email with a pdf.

Finishing a pre-req English class is probably not significant enough to warrant an update. The transcript will still show that you're currently in the course, correct? If so, I would submit now. As long as the grade is on the final transcript that you send after being accepted, you should be good to go.