Programs that interview into January and February?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Man City FC

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So, I am a MSIV who just made the decision to apply to anesthesiology this week and now scrambling to get my application figure out where to apply.

I know I am incredibly late in the cycle but I feel I am otherwise a competitive candidate with good grades, good step scores, and no red flags. I just never really considered anesthesiology until I fell in love with it during a rotation this month. I have applied to a few places close to home and am now just waiting on LORs to get uploaded.

I was hoping if some of you who have interview invitations could tell me which programs have interview dates into January and February as I am having a hard time finding this information on many sites. I think my main chance at getting interviews at this point is to get some late invites after some cancellations, and I will also need to make a lot of phone calls and send a lot of emails. But I think my chances are probably better at the late interviewing programs compared to programs that are done interviewing in December.

I hoping you guys could help me focus on some programs. I am from the south and would like to stay there, and I also am not interested in big city east coast or California because I feel I want at least a 3 bedroom home for myself and my family.

thanks in advance for every one's help.

Members don't see this ad.

Congrats on making a great decision :) UTSW, UTHSCSA, & UTMB interview until late January.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
So, I am a MSIV who just made the decision to apply to anesthesiology this week and now scrambling to get my application figure out where to apply.

I know I am incredibly late in the cycle but I feel I am otherwise a competitive candidate with good grades, good step scores, and no red flags. I just never really considered anesthesiology until I fell in love with it during a rotation this month. I have applied to a few places close to home and am now just waiting on LORs to get uploaded.

I was hoping if some of you who have interview invitations could tell me which programs have interview dates into January and February as I am having a hard time finding this information on many sites. I think my main chance at getting interviews at this point is to get some late invites after some cancellations, and I will also need to make a lot of phone calls and send a lot of emails. But I think my chances are probably better at the late interviewing programs compared to programs that are done interviewing in December.

I hoping you guys could help me focus on some programs. I am from the south and would like to stay there, and I also am not interested in big city east coast or California because I feel I want at least a 3 bedroom home for myself and my family.

thanks in advance for every one's help.

It is very late in the season. If your home school has a program I would meet with the PD ASAP to try and secure a spot in his program. It is likely your best chance to match.

I would talk to your PD ASAP...he would be able to tell you how things work this late in the game.

In my experience - I put in my application to most places the first day ERAS opened. I applied to some more programs that I overlooked later that month...I had lots of invites in the first batch, but the second batch I was waitlisted at most ("Your application was qualified, but had lots of applications and we're out of interview spots")

But to answer your question, most programs do interview into January. Good luck!

Emory interviews thru the end of January. From my understanding, they've given out the majority (if not all) of their interview invites. But as noted above, people cancel and there are 'waitlists.'

good luck!