Programs which let you get your MBA during residency?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NYC_anest_2004

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is anyone aware of any residency programs that allow you to get your MBA while is residency? I know that Mt. Sinai offers this opportunity for anesthesiology. Are there other programs out there? (Particularly anesthesia programs). Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

NYC_anest_2004 said:
Is anyone aware of any residency programs that allow you to get your MBA while is residency? I know that Mt. Sinai offers this opportunity for anesthesiology. Are there other programs out there? (Particularly anesthesia programs). Thanks!

Definitely Penn. Unfortunately, I don't know about others. Anyone else?

NYC_anest_2004 said:

Here's another anesthesia program at Rochester that allows you to do the MBA:
http://www.ssb.rochester.edu/programs/program_joint.aspx

Members don't see this ad :)
George Washington Univ - Ophthalmology

MWard04.....

are you sure that penn offers an mba program concurrent with its residency programs? I havent heard any of this from a residency director at Penn.

I know that they do offer joint Md-Mba degrees , but can you show me where they offer you to get a concurrent mba while in residency..?

rhinosp_33 said:
MWard04.....

are you sure that penn offers an mba program concurrent with its residency programs? I havent heard any of this from a residency director at Penn.

I know that they do offer joint Md-Mba degrees , but can you show me where they offer you to get a concurrent mba while in residency..?

yea...I actually left them off of my list because I couldn't confirm this. I had heard from some residents that they allow you to do this, but I have not seen anything official.

Mike