Projected volunteering hours but moving last minute...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

desidoc_

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I projected my volunteering hours on my AMCAS and AACOMAS applications but I have ended up accepting an out-of-state job that I didn't anticipate and so now the two activities for which I forecasted my hours are technically a "lie" on my applications. Obviously I will immediately send updates to all the schools I've applied to, but will this reflect poorly on me?

Members don't see this ad.

I projected my volunteering hours on my AMCAS and AACOMAS applications but I have ended up accepting an out-of-state job that I didn't anticipate and so now the two activities for which I forecasted my hours are technically a "lie" on my applications. Obviously I will immediately send updates to all the schools I've applied to, but will this reflect poorly on me?
Did you distinguish between completed and future hours on your application? Are the completed hours skimpy enough that your application is imperiled by not staying involved? Can you connect quickly with similar organizations at your new location?

Did you distinguish between completed and future hours on your application? Are the completed hours skimpy enough that your application is imperiled by not staying involved? Can you connect quickly with similar organizations at your new location?

I didn't think to distinguish on my application but in hindsight I'm realizing I should have. The completed hours are not too high but they're not too low either, and I can connect with similar organizations at my new location. I have already begun the process of doing so, so that I can begin volunteering as soon as possible upon my arrival.

Members don't see this ad :)
^^ Shoot I forgot to distinguish between completed and projected either... I did include hours per week + start/end date. Would it be a problem?

I can connect with similar organizations at my new location. I have already begun the process of doing so, so that I can begin volunteering as soon as possible upon my arrival.
If you are successful in doing this, there is nothing that will "reflect poorly" on you. I suggest waiting to report the change until you have everything set up and can say you've started at the new location. If you eventually complete most or all of the anticipated hours, you're good.

Reactions: 1 user
^^ Shoot I forgot to distinguish between completed and projected either... I did include hours per week + start/end date. Would it be a problem?
There is no requirement to distinguish between completed and future hours, but a transparent approach is appreciated and it does help avoid inaccurate adcomm assumptions. You did the next best thing by including hours per week, though.

If you are successful in doing this, there is nothing that will "reflect poorly" on you. I suggest waiting to report the change until you have everything set up and can say you've started at the new location. If you eventually complete most or all of the anticipated hours, you're good.
Okay, thank you so much!! I appreciate your help a lot