Prometric Rules??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dentalstudentprospect2

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
This is my first post! Been a long time lurker at SDN. I am about to take my DAT's and I am calling around the test centers in my area to see what their rules are on writing on the dry erase board during the 15 min tutorial. It seems that none of them allow you to write/draw anything during that tutorial... Did anybody here draw grids for the hole punch section of the PAT during the tutorial? If so, are there any testing centers in SoCal that allow it?

Members don't see this ad.

sweet thanks! and yeah I'm tempted to just do it anyways. I also heard that they are switching out the dry erase markers at a lot of testing centers to non erasable ones.. and that you would have to raise your hand to get another one. did any of you guys experience this?

ya this has been true for a while. practice doing your work on 4 sheets of paper only (2 boards front and back) for each side of the break.

Members don't see this ad :)
I was able to draw grids on my papers and nobody said anything to me. I had to raise my hand to get new papers. I took it in LA also

Could you explain by what you mean by grids? Sorry, I have been away from DAT material for awhile and started looking yesterday. I plan to re-take my DAT in August. I wanted to get more insight on what you mean by grids for the hole punching section. Thanks!

Could you explain by what you mean by grids? Sorry, I have been away from DAT material for awhile and started looking yesterday. I plan to re-take my DAT in August. I wanted to get more insight on what you mean by grids for the hole punching section. Thanks!

Reactions: 1 user
sweet thanks! and yeah I'm tempted to just do it anyways. I also heard that they are switching out the dry erase markers at a lot of testing centers to non erasable ones.. and that you would have to raise your hand to get another one. did any of you guys experience this?

The markers are semi-erasable if your hands get even a little bit sweaty. The oils in your hands make for good erasers. ^_^