Proof reading for secondary essays

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Homoochan

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Do people send their secondary essays to EssayEdge or some other proofreading services? If so, any recommendations on which service provider is good value?

Or do they just write and send it ASAP?

Members don't see this ad.

Ivy Eyes Editing worked well for me--they helped me create a more cohesive and polished essay, and my editor Paul answered ALL my follow-up questions (trust me I had a lottttttttttttt).

I ordered the more expensive service they offer, but, Paul was still available to answer my questions a week or two later. I think I got my money's worth and my essays dramatically improved ( we'll see how the results turn out I guess!!!!)

Best of luck!

Kim

I don't use outside sources for proofreading secondary essays. I've had multiple SDNers read my PS, but I just proofread the secondary essays myself. There's too damn many.

Members don't see this ad :)
I've stumbled upon a service I've been using that is excellent! Not sure if they are new, but the guy helping me was amazing and he helped me greatly improve my boring dry essay in some moving, so I decided to have them help me with my secondaries. I like it because its not by the hour, but more on the essay and they will help you brainstorm what to write if you're stuck and he's ended up taking an idea that seems nothing and turning it into something great. The website is http://www.writetrackconsulting.com/

I don't use outside sources for proofreading secondary essays. I've had multiple SDNers read my PS, but I just proofread the secondary essays myself. There's too damn many.

this.

also, my mom's a writer. :) so if i have to do one that's longer than, say, 2000 characters, i might email it over to her for some style pointers. but 90% of my essays i've just done by myself.

outside services? thats way too extreme for me. if i like the way it sounds and feel as though it portrays me correctly, i'll submit it.

I kinda understand it for primaries where you have lots of info to cram in to try and make a good first impression, but for secondaries? no. I mean some of the essays are only 250 words which is really not a lot. It doesn't seem worth it for those unless you really suck at writing.

I never used any paid service, I used my career center.

I actually had one of my letter writers proof read my PS. For secondaries, myself and my bro.