pros/cons of EM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tae1703

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
hello. ill be an MI this august and so far EM is at the top of my list. i was wondering if anyone here is willing to share with me the pros and cons of EM. what turns you on to it and what turns you away from it? etc.

thanx in advance for any input/advice

Members don't see this ad.

hello. ill be an MI this august and so far EM is at the top of my list. i was wondering if anyone here is willing to share with me the pros and cons of EM. what turns you on to it and what turns you away from it? etc.

thanx in advance for any input/advice

Please read the FAQs for this forum. Posts like these are generally met with sarcasm and chants of "Fatty McFattypants" (a local saying), as the information you are seeking is there.

- H

Please read the FAQs for this forum. Posts like these are generally met with sarcasm and chants of "Fatty McFattypants" (a local saying), as the information you are seeking is there.

- H

FF - it's WAY more fun if you let us play Fatty hangman.

Mods ruin all the fun :p

Members don't see this ad :)
Man, I never get to FMF any of these threads!

It's that ADD thing...I venture around then remember what I was doing, and then it's too late :( Oh well, I kind of said it!

I wanted to post my first fmf post! This is what happens when you sit around doing usmleworld and studying for step 2 instead of refreshing this page every five minutes...

*sigh*

I agree that hangman would have been a lot of fun, or we could have brought in Vanna and played a little Wheel of Fortune.

I wanted to post my first fmf post! This is what happens when you sit around doing usmleworld and studying for step 2 instead of refreshing this page every five minutes...

*sigh*

I agree that hangman would have been a lot of fun, or we could have brought in Vanna and played a little Wheel of Fortune.

next time, sleepymed, next time, k?

Pros: variable schedule and shift work.

Cons: variable schedule and shift work.

Pros: you get a little overlap with almost every other service in the hospital, so what they do all day long, you get to do in little bursts here and there.

Cons: you get a little overlap with almost every other service in the hospital, so what they do all day long, you get to do in little bursts here and there.

Con: You don't really have your own patients :(

Pro: You don't really have your own patients :D

Con: You don't really have your own patients :(

Con: Until you get to know all the ED regulars, that is :smuggrin:

Members don't see this ad :)
thanx for the info.

Fatty McFattypants? must be an inside thing...:confused:

i was wondering if anyone here is willing to share with me the pros and cons of EM.

There are Cons? Hey, wait a minute guys, none of you told me that! I want out. Perhaps I can find someone willing to trade me an internal medicine spot.

Sigh...at least I'll be training in the safe, beautiful city of Detroit.

thanx for the info.

Fatty McFattypants? must be an inside thing...:confused:

Hang with us just a bit longer. The sarcasm will evaporate once you have been initiated and helpful information and links will probably follow.

Oops, I forgot to post my pros and cons

Pros: work with pros

Cons: work with cons

Whoa.. this is starting to get confusing... pros, cons, pros who are cons, cons who are pros... how can we tell them all apart? We need name badges, dammit!

Badges? We don't need no stinking badges!