Pros/cons of this method for content review.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Futbol99

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,
I am starting my MCAT 2015 preparations soon, I am new to this, but I have been reading various forums for past couple days.
I am wondering if I can get opinion from past MCAT takers and current MCAT takers who have done well.

What are the pros and cons of reviewing content in the order of major topics vs. splitting it up per each day? (I don't count CARS as major topic, it would be continual)
For example, I was thinking of doing for the first week and a bit, the biology content, then physics, chem, etc.

The reasoning behind this method is I really want to get content out of the way as efficient as possible, and from past experience with failing at the old MCAT, I got in the horrible cycle of dwelling on content. This MCAT from census point of view appears to be much more applicable, and more practice time is worth the time, and familiarizing yourself with literature. I have taken all classes in my undergrad regarding what is covered, but admittedly, I am rusty on most topics like Chem + physics as I am in 4th year premed.

I am going to follow a "12 week" plan similar to one of the users posted on this forum that I very much like, but they have it in the sense of covering chapter 1 for all topics, then chapter 2, etc.

SO does anyone have opinions on this? Is it just preference? Anyone successful with either method?

Any help is appreciated!!!!! I've never felt so lost!!!

Members don't see this ad.

It's highly recommended that you rotate content so that you can integrate what you're learning from one subject with what you've learned from another. The earlier you start mixing up topics, the sooner you can practice linking different concepts together.

Reactions: 1 user
It's highly recommended that you rotate content so that you can integrate what you're learning from one subject with what you've learned from another. The earlier you start mixing up topics, the sooner you can practice linking different concepts together.

+1 keep your brain active and adaptive by changing what you study day to day. The new MCAT is more about integration than ever.

Reactions: 1 user
+1 keep your brain active and adaptive by changing what you study day to day. The new MCAT is more about integration than ever.

I can attest to this. There were some passages on my TPR FL test today that felt like it was integrating 2-3 different bio concepts that we should know.