Prostho 2012

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
waitlisted UCSF :(:oops:

people accepted have 1 week. i will be getting a call next thursday saying if someone gave up a spot or if they all accepted their positions

It's for this exact reason that I wish pros participated in match... I don't know if UCSF is one of your top-choice programs, but hypothetically if it isn't and they do offer you a spot next week would you take it? Bird in the hand? Or would you hold out to go on a couple more interviews and hope that you get into a program that you're more excited about?

I would feel nervous about turning down an acceptance - even if it was the worst program I applied to and the only one I had interviewed at yet. I think I'd rather go somewhere less-than-ideal than not get in anywhere. Sadly, I think some programs bank on this and offer acceptances earlier...

Members don't see this ad.

It's for this exact reason that I wish pros participated in match... I don't know if UCSF is one of your top-choice programs, but hypothetically if it isn't and they do offer you a spot next week would you take it? Bird in the hand? Or would you hold out to go on a couple more interviews and hope that you get into a program that you're more excited about?

I would feel nervous about turning down an acceptance - even if it was the worst program I applied to and the only one I had interviewed at yet. I think I'd rather go somewhere less-than-ideal than not get in anywhere. Sadly, I think some programs bank on this and offer acceptances earlier...

i 100% agree with you. I think it should either be on match system or just like how dental school is done with AADSAS. Set a national date where everyone releases their acceptance list and then the applicant chooses from that.

@ Dentalstudentok...any word back from University of Tennessee? Nothing here.

Members don't see this ad :)
sorry to hear that...:(

How's your interview at Columbia?
I'm getting nervous now:scared:

Hi,
It was pretty nice.

Just general questions and it was short interview.
Then, we made a tour to the clinics and lab.

I liked the school but I heard from current residents that there are no enough chairs for residents. So that, they have to share them during the first year.

Relax and take it easy man.

Yes! Yes! Yes! GatorDDS you stud! If I could change my username right now, I would change it to GatorDDSfan4life!

This video is dedicated to your success.
[YOUTUBE]wLiLn91TKzc[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited:
Hi,
It was pretty nice.

Just general questions and it was short interview.
Then, we made a tour to the clinics and lab.

I liked the school but I heard from current residents that there are no enough chairs for residents. So that, they have to share them during the first year.

Relax and take it easy man.

Thank you so much.

how long does the interview take?
the confirmation mail said it takes one hour , so the tour and the interview are all within this hour?

Members don't see this ad :)
Does someone know if you can get addmission with a Toefl score lower from the requirement?
Is it very very essential to meet the Toefl requirements??
Anyone knows???:confused:

USC Prostho program is very very expensive...for stupid residents..:laugh:
Any invitation for interview there??

Thank you so much.

how long does the interview take?
the confirmation mail said it takes one hour , so the tour and the interview are all within this hour?

The interview took 20 to 30 min.
the tour are not included within this hour.

Don't worry about the interview.

hey guys anybody for LLU on 2/9/11???
I got the email today :)

@Mackchops...I totally agree with you in regards to Prosth taking part in match. How about all Prosth programs either using pass or not. It's so annoying that it's not uniform and all have different program deadlines.

I interview at Eastman on the 29th and then UW on the 3rd/4th. I'll let you know how they go.

Anybody have any word on University of Tennessee, Georgia health science, LSU, Iowa? Because I haven't heard one way or the other. Wish they would just reject me the anticipation is killing me.

Keep the faith everyone.

accepted VA Houston, VA DC, MD, and UCSF.

Attending VA Houston!!! :D:D:D

Withdrawing all other applications. Good luck everyone!:thumbup:

@Mackchops...I totally agree with you in regards to Prosth taking part in match. How about all Prosth programs either using pass or not. It's so annoying that it's not uniform and all have different program deadlines.

I interview at Eastman on the 29th and then UW on the 3rd/4th. I'll let you know how they go.

Anybody have any word on University of Tennessee, Georgia health science, LSU, Iowa? Because I haven't heard one way or the other. Wish they would just reject me the anticipation is killing me.

Keep the faith everyone.
Hi Obturator. Iowa contacted me about interviews for Sept 19 and Sept 26. These dates conflicted with other interviews so I couldn't attend. I am not sure if they had additional dates. Good luck!

@GatorDDS...congrats. You made a wise choice. VA Houston is a great program. UCSF has conflict among the residents at the UCSF and San Fran VA bc of the pay difference.

@Dentalstudentok...Iowa was a program I added very last minute. So I'm not surprised to not hear anything. Thanks for the response.

I'll keep ya posted on Eastman and UW.

@GatorDDS...congrats. You made a wise choice. VA Houston is a great program. UCSF has conflict among the residents at the UCSF and San Fran VA bc of the pay difference.

@Dentalstudentok...Iowa was a program I added very last minute. So I'm not surprised to not hear anything. Thanks for the response.

I'll keep ya posted on Eastman and UW.

Do you have any idea about the program strength?

Last edited:
accepted VA Houston, VA DC, MD, and UCSF.

Attending VA Houston!!! :D:D:D

Withdrawing all other applications. Good luck everyone!:thumbup:

Wow! Congrats on getting into a VA program! Houston is supposed to be an excellent experience and is towards the top of my list for next year.

Any chance you'd be interested in sharing your stats now that you've gotten in? I hate to be that guy but I really have no reference point for what scores/grades/other pros programs are looking for...?

Thanks! And congrats again!

I asked but nobody answered!!!
:confused:
Does someone know if you can get addmission with a Toefl score lower from the requirement?
Anyone knows???
confused.gif

I asked but nobody answered!!!
:confused:
Anyone knows???
confused.gif

I have no idea because I never had to take the toefl, but I would assume that if it's a posted minimum requirement then you would have to meet that requirement in order to be considered for admission. Otherwise, contact the programs you're applying to directly and see if they will consider you on a case-by-case basis...

Sorry to hear that, what happened to your Tufts and Columbia? May I know how many program did you apply to?

I am still waiting for their response.

I applied to so many schools. You can saw them in the first page.

Thank you.

Yay!!! Got in to the VA Manhattan, New York Hospital Queens, Montefiore, Columbia, and NYU!

Going to NYHQ!!! :)
:thumbup:

Yay!!! Got in to the VA Manhattan, New York Hospital Queens, Montefiore, Columbia, and NYU!

Going to NYHQ!!! :)
:thumbup:

Congratulations~

When did you get the NYU interview?
I haven't heard from NYU...:(

Interview invite from Ohio State University:D
On October 24, 2011

Does anybody have any information about OSU?

Interview invite from Ohio State University:D
On October 24, 2011

Does anybody have any information about OSU?

Great program... but watch out for the chief resident. I hear he's fiesty. ;)

Another interview at Columbia University:D

9/19/2011

by email

Hey I am a Prostho applicant as well. Applied to 10 schools. Rejected by 6. Yet to hear from 4. Any idea if I still have a chance??

I have done dental school from India, NBDE Part 1-88, GPA- 4.0, Toefl- 111. One research paper, which will be published this month, less work experience but lots of voluntary work, working at a private clinic, shadowing a Prosthodontist and Implantologist.
I don't know why so many places have rejected me. I used to be among the top 2 students at my dental school. I'm still hoping to hear from 4 schools. Fingers crossed.

Hey I am a Prostho applicant as well. Applied to 10 schools. Rejected by 6. Yet to hear from 4. Any idea if I still have a chance??

I have done dental school from India, NBDE Part 1-88, GPA- 4.0, Toefl- 111. One research paper, which will be published this month, less work experience but lots of voluntary work, working at a private clinic, shadowing a Prosthodontist and Implantologist.
I don't know why so many places have rejected me. I used to be among the top 2 students at my dental school. I'm still hoping to hear from 4 schools. Fingers crossed.

I am sorry. I don't know what can I say but I think your status is really strong.

I think you still have a chance.
Don't give up:)

Today, I got an email from Columbia University that say I am on waiting list.:(
If one of accepted candidates drop, they might consider me.

Does anyone got any reply from them?

I am sorry. I don't know what can I say but I think your status is really strong.

I think you still have a chance.
Don't give up:)

I hope so! Thanks for the encouragement. Really need it at this point. If anyone is in the same boat as me, please share your experience. Thanks again and good luck! :)

does anyone know if maryland, boston, nyu and eastman institute have finished enrollments?

guys can anybody compare UMDNJ and Loma Linda on basis of their prostho program.

guys can anybody compare UMDNJ and Loma Linda on basis of their prostho program.

dont know much about UMDNJ but Loma Linda has a very strong and very good reputation. Are you choosing between the two?

dont know much about UMDNJ but Loma Linda has a very strong and very good reputation. Are you choosing between the two?

well yes I am confused between the two. I know loma linda is a good program but it is very expensive at the same time. I dont know much about UMDNJ, all I know is that they have plenty of patients and its easy on pocket too.

well yes I am confused between the two. I know loma linda is a good program but it is very expensive at the same time. I dont know much about UMDNJ, all I know is that they have plenty of patients and its easy on pocket too.

Cost must be factor #1. Then again, I assume you have zero debt from dental school in India?

Loma Linda, however, is an excellent clinical program and will make you a great prosthodontist.

ANY INTERVIEW INVITATION FROM BU DENTAL(Boston University)?

Cost must be factor #1. Then again, I assume you have zero debt from dental school in India?

Loma Linda, however, is an excellent clinical program and will make you a great prosthodontist.

Thanks for your reply... to what I have gathered till now is that loma linda is better than UMDNJ in therms of academics but clinically not much different as UMDNJ has a very good clinical exposure. But i really dont know how true is that!!