Prostho 2014

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Applied to UNC, Louisville, UAB, UTHSC

Visited UNC last week Interview invites may come this week

Received invite from Louisville for Interview

Members don't see this ad.

Louisiana just sent me, september 26 and 27

Members don't see this ad :)
does anybody know anything about louisiana bench tests?

Maryland just gave me a call, have 4 days available Sept 10, 11, 17 or 18th.

Not yet, but they could call/email anytime this week. I just got to WVU for my interview tomorrow.

please, let me know how the things are going at west Virginia
Best of luck :))

when did you receive the invitation letter ?

Please let me know how the things are going in West Virginia

I heard Louisville and Rochester has sent the invitation.

Members don't see this ad :)
West Virginia went well, it seems like a very good program. They are moving to a new facility that is beautiful. Rochester and Stonybrook both sent invitations for interviews yesterday.

West Virginia went well, it seems like a very good program. They are moving to a new facility that is beautiful. Rochester and Stonybrook both sent invitations for interviews yesterday.
did they have bench test or something like this and what was the interview about, what did they ask you, please share your experience
:):):):):):)

There was no bench test. They had 4 one on one interviews for 30 min apiece. The most asked question was why do you want to do prosth. Other questions were why West Virginia and what my experiences have been. I asked them what they saw in my application that piqued their interest and how the town was to live in. Most of it was getting to know the town, university and the residents which to me are the most important things. One of their selling points is that their Dean, Dr. Felton, is a board certified prosthodontist. He is the main reason they are getting new facilities. If you have other questions, feel free to ask.

Any thing from UAB, UNC? Any one going to Marquette for an interview?

UNC nothing yet.
You applied to LSU right? Did u get an invitation?
I didn't appl there. Right now I only have two interviews. Hopefully we will hear from more schools. Good Luck

I emailed UNC yesterday and was told that candidates will be called today and tomorrow for interviews.

UTHSC sent out email invites this afternoon

Louisville, UNC, and Memphis are interviewing Sept 9-10. Memphis is just Sept 9

Scores NBDE 1 Pass. NBDE 2 Pass. Not sure what other scores you're looking for

i mean your qualifications..

and good luck :D

Sorry.

I'm a D4. Upper part of my class rank. A few Dental Mission trips. Heavy in pros procedures at school with some good letters of rec.

Hope that helps

so ull choose one of them as they are all on the same dates???

I've requested alternate dates. I've heard back from Memphis and Louisville. Still waiting to hear from UNC to confirm all the dates

Who else got invitation from UNC? Hopefully they will send more tomorrow....:xf:

tom is sat :s

im wondering if DrRam recieved an invitation or not

I was wondering the same thing. I know tomorrow is Sat but I contacted UNC yesterday and they told me that they were going to call today or tomorrow. I thought they were going to call instead of sending an email. I think UNC is going to send more invitations.

Jhdaws, when did you visit UNC?

DrRam,
did you get an invitation from UNC?

I called UAB the other day, and they told they are waiting until Sept 1st. Has anyone heard anything else form UAB?

Anything from Michigan?

I know there are more prostho applicants that get in here and don't post anything, come on start sharing info?

I was wondering the same thing. I know tomorrow is Sat but I contacted UNC yesterday and they told me that they were going to call today or tomorrow. I thought they were going to call instead of sending an email. I think UNC is going to send more invitations.

DrRam,

I called UAB the other day, and they told they are waiting until Sept 1st. Has anyone heard anything else form UAB?

Anything from Michigan?

I know there are more prostho applicants that get in here and don't post anything, come on start sharing info?

I have received an invitation from UNC today and Georgia. Has anyone heard from Indiana, Florida, Mayo, UCLA, or Harvard?

DrRam,

Anything from Michigan?

forget about Michigan they did the interviews like ages ago..

Does anybody know the ratio between the candidates to be interviewed and the positions usually?

Last edited:
I have received an invitation from UNC today and Georgia. Has anyone heard from Indiana, Florida, Mayo, UCLA, or Harvard?

Good luck. :)

What are your qualifications, scores..etc please?

Did anyone have an interview call from UConn? I wonder what the program tuition/living expenses/ other expenses are for an is for out of state resident?

I got an email. I will be there on thursday and friday this week.

Did any got an invitation letter from San Antonio/ UNC / UAB and when they will be interviewing the candidates ?!
anyone applied for Pittsburgh !

Last year UCLA's interview was around Sept 10th. Mayo never even contacted until the end of September - are you sure they're taking a resident this year? They took one last year (i think) and usually take one every other year.

Hey all, great thread! Very helpful to see how everyone's process is coming along. Keep posting!

I applied to:
BostonU, Harvard, Tufts, Maryland, Montefiore, NYU, Ohio State, Pitt, UTHouston, Loma Linda

I got interviews at:
Pitt 8/23
Tufts 9/3
Montefiore 9/10
Maryland 9/11
Ohio State 9/22-23

Hey all, great thread! Very helpful to see how everyone's process is coming along. Keep posting!

I applied to:
BostonU, Harvard, Tufts, Maryland, Montefiore, NYU, Ohio State, Pitt, UTHouston, Loma Linda

I got interviews at:
Pitt 8/23
Tufts 9/3
Montefiore 9/10
Maryland 9/11
Ohio State 9/22-23

Good luck!

The usual question, your scores, experience, qualifications, etc plz :)

I applied to:

I got interviews at:
Pitt 8/23
Tufts 9/3
Montefiore 9/10
Maryland 9/11
Ohio State 9/22-23

Pittsburgh !!! PASS indicate that The dead line will be on November 1st !
How this will come ? I have just submitted my application material last week :(
Do you think my application will not be considered :/

Most schools those are just posted deadlines but everyone I've talked to they encourage you to apply as early as possible.

Pittsburgh !!! PASS indicate that The dead line will be on November 1st !
How this will come ? I have just submitted my application material last week :(
Do you think my application will not be considered :/

Last year UCLA's interview was around Sept 10th. Mayo never even contacted until the end of September - are you sure they're taking a resident this year? They took one last year (i think) and usually take one every other year.

Oh, Ok thank you for the Mayo info. I guess now we all know!

Has anyone heard from Harvard or Florida yet?

Now for the next question, when do you guys think you will start getting/ hearing about acceptances??? Has anyone gotten one yet?

I just received interview invitation from Tufts University yesterday by email.

They gave me 5 different day to pick one of them.

3, September, 2013
6, September, 2013
9, September, 2013
17, September, 2013
20, September, 2013
23, September, 2013
30, September, 2013

I think now it is the time to hear back from most of the schools :)
Good luck to everybody

I heard Tufts make you do the tooth carving, is it same as tooth wax up or something different? and also which tooth they make you do the carving/wax up on?

I heard Tufts make you do the tooth carving, is it same as tooth wax up or something different? and also which tooth they make you do the carving/wax up on?

I heard that they do not tell you until you get there. Good luck!

Never seen anyone so concerned with other resumes.

haha ya. I just wanna see if there is something in specific they look for, like do they prefer domestics or internationals, does research really matter.. etc :)