Prostho 2014

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
why not just ask the programs you're interested in?

Members don't see this ad.

why not just ask the programs you're interested in?

I don't believe they will give me a specific and useful answer... they will just say something general... what bothers you that much about my question anyway?

Nothing just figured the schools would give you that information but I can understand why you say they would be general statements.

Members don't see this ad :)
anybody applied to or heard from new york hospital queens? how hard is it to get into that program?

thanks

hi
If you have the application form for UAB can you pls send me as the website is not working

Applied to UNC, Louisville, UAB, UTHSC

Visited UNC last week Interview invites may come this week

Received invite from Louisville for Interview

can you pls upload the application form for UAB as the website is not working

I was wondering the same thing. I know tomorrow is Sat but I contacted UNC yesterday and they told me that they were going to call today or tomorrow. I thought they were going to call instead of sending an email. I think UNC is going to send more invitations.

Jhdaws, when did you visit UNC?

DrRam,
did you get an invitation from UNC?

I called UAB the other day, and they told they are waiting until Sept 1st. Has anyone heard anything else form UAB?

Anything from Michigan?

I know there are more prostho applicants that get in here and don't post anything, come on start sharing info?

Hi
Can you pls send me the application form for UAB as the website is not working for me to download it.

Apparently UIC made offers to 3 kids at harvard..Heard them during the interview

I heard from Chicago yesterday by email. They have a few days set up for interviewing and Ill be going there for the 26th of August. :thumbup:

Dr Ram, how did your Chicago interview go? I hope it was fabulous!! :D

Members don't see this ad :)
Guyz if the director was telling you during the interview that the program is highly competitive and a lot of candidate applied is this a bad sign for me.

Guyz if the director was telling you during the interview that the program is highly competitive and a lot of candidate applied is this a bad sign for me.
Unfortunately yes, he is telling you the chances would be little here so he encourage you to apply for other schools. :)

hi
If you have the application form for UAB can you pls send me as the website is not working

I have applied directly to UAB, I'v still got the PDFs if u want them.

Anyone received invitation from Harvard, Buffalo, Nova, Boston, loma Linda, Indiana, alabama, UPenn !!!!

It went great. I got an acceptance email this morning, so I have some deciding to do.

Congrats!!!! From what I have heard they have an excellent program.

What are the most common questions asked on the interviews?

Congrats!!!! From what I have heard they have an excellent program.

What are the most common questions asked on the interviews?

They asked me why I wanted to be a prosthodontist and what I was looking for in a program. I asked them questions like why they thought having such a big program was a positive and what their patient pool was like. Most of it was just a conversation though.

They asked me why I wanted to be a prosthodontist and what I was looking for in a program. I asked them questions like why they thought having such a big program was a positive and what their patient pool was like. Most of it was just a conversation though.

Have you heard anything back from West Virginia?

Has anyone heard Interview call from Loma linda University and wants to share accomodation on 28-29 september with me.

anybody interviewed at Stony brook?

Hi, I got an IV call from Rutgers today for Sept 16. Anybody going there on this date?

only round of interviews...

Excellent. Director had stated they would begin as early as possible in august so I was unsure. Just to be clear we are discussing, UTHSC (University of Tennessee Health Science Center) not UTHSCSA.

The dead line on September 2nd !!!!
Any one has heard from UAB ?
A little birdy told me that they are reviewing applications and they may start contacting people on Monday or Tues.
Hopefully we will get an invitation.

Is anyone here who got interview call from Rutgers or Lomalinda...... Anyone pls reply guys!!

Excellent. Director had stated they would begin as early as possible in august so I was unsure. Just to be clear we are discussing, UTHSC (University of Tennessee Health Science Center) not UTHSCSA.

Haha... oops... I thought you meant Texas. My bad :scared:

A little birdy told me that they are reviewing applications and they may start contacting people on Monday or Tues.
Hopefully we will get an invitation.
I hope so, has any one heard from Pittsburgh ?

How is the prostho program at Uconn? how many candidates appeared for the interview? Can anyone please share their interview experience from Uconn?

I just got back from UConn last night. They interviewed roughly 10 people for the 1 remaining spot. They had two spots to give out but apparently they gave 1 to a UConn 4th year who they interviewed in January/February. This isn't speculation, it's what the program director told me yesterday. I wasn't a fan of all of this, so I am taking myself out of the running by accepting the position in Chicago.

I just got back from UConn last night. They interviewed roughly 10 people for the 1 remaining spot. They had two spots to give out but apparently they gave 1 to a UConn 4th year who they interviewed in January/February. This isn't speculation, it's what the program director told me yesterday. I wasn't a fan of all of this, so I am taking myself out of the running by accepting the position in Chicago.

Congrats! I hear it's a great program :) Gotta be nice to know where you're going already.

Congrats again and good luck to all!

I hope so, has any one heard from Pittsburgh ?

Haven't heard back from Pittsburgh yet, but then again it's been barely over a week since the interview. From what I know they've interviewed ~4 people already and they have 3 spots. Other interviews went to Pitt students, so I'm not sure how or when they'll be giving news. Hope that helps.