Prostho 2014

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I just got back from UConn last night. They interviewed roughly 10 people for the 1 remaining spot. They had two spots to give out but apparently they gave 1 to a UConn 4th year who they interviewed in January/February. This isn't speculation, it's what the program director told me yesterday. I wasn't a fan of all of this, so I am taking myself out of the running by accepting the position in Chicago.

I agree with you, that is in poor taste. Applications were not even out yet in January. Everyone should be interviewed at approximately the same time. That makes me think less of UConn. I wonder who is going to decide to take the second spot....

Members don't see this ad.

I agree with you, that is in poor taste. Applications were not even out yet in January. Everyone should be interviewed at approximately the same time. That makes me think less of UConn. I wonder who is going to decide to take the second spot....

While I agree with everything you are saying, I was more bothered by how I was told for a day and a half that there were two spots available by both the residents and the faculty, only to be told and hour before I left on the second day that they interview someone 8 months ago and gave him one of the positions. Oh well, nothing I can do. I do feel like those of us without a prosth program at our schools are at a disadvantage when it comes to things like this.

Members don't see this ad :)
Haven't heard back from Pittsburgh yet, but then again it's been barely over a week since the interview. From what I know they've interviewed ~4 people already and they have 3 spots. Other interviews went to Pitt students, so I'm not sure how or when they'll be giving news. Hope that helps.
I am wondering how they interviewed the applicants 2 months before the dead line!. Thank you Dr.knife.

I am wondering how they interviewed the applicants 2 months before the dead line!. Thank you Dr.knife.

Like someone said earlier, the deadline doesn't necessarily mean that they won't look at applicants any earlier. So it's always a good idea to send in your info as soon as possible--sooner than the deadline.

Both Marqutte and Ohio will meet the applicants on October 7th !!! What would you choose ?!!!
Any one has heard any thing from UAB?

Last edited:
Both Marqutte and Iowa will meet the applicants on December 7th !!! What would you choose ?!!!
Any one has heard any thing from UAB?

Last week I posted that I heard UAB was going to send there invitations today, but I forgot that today is Labor day so I don't think we will be hearing from them today. Maybe tomorrow.

Did you get an invitation from Marquette or Iowa?

did anyone else hear from Iowa?

Last week I posted that I heard UAB was going to send there invitations today, but I forgot that today is Labor day so I don't think we will be hearing from them today. Maybe tomorrow.

Did you get an invitation from Marquette or Iowa?

Unfortunately,I did not apply for these schools, but Friend of mine just told me that she got invited by them on the same date and she is confused about which school she would choose!
Thanks for the info gprosth, I hope we will hear something tom. :)

I'll be there on Sept 16-17. It was the only date that worked with my other interview dates

Members don't see this ad :)
Anybody heard from LLU or new jersey? Can anybody pls help me out what all shall I prepare for their bench exam please.

Did anyone get an invitation from Iowa?

I just got invitation from NYU by email.
The interview will be on Sept. 10th.

Hi guys got an interview today from LSU on 26 Sep, that means IVs are out now. Who else has received an invitation.

Anybody knows if west virginia sent acceptance or not !!!!

Iowa has clinical exercise during the interview as what they said . Do any of you guys know what is the exercise !!!!

Well I have been given acceptances to Harvard and Mayo Clinic programs. I have since removed my application from the other programs. I have also canceled my interviews at VA Houston, UNC Chapel Hill, Georgia, and Tufts. I have some important decisions to make. Either way its going to be a fun next couple of years. I hope this helps someone and opens up a few spots for interviews. Good Luck!

Reactions: 1 user
Well I have been given acceptances to Harvard and Mayo Clinic programs. I have since removed my application from the other programs. I have also canceled my interviews at VA Houston, UNC Chapel Hill, Georgia, and Tufts. I have some important decisions to make. Either way its going to be a fun next couple of years. I hope this helps someone and opens up a few spots for interviews. Good Luck!

Can you please tell... when Harvard sent the interview invitation and when you had the interview?

Can you please tell... when Harvard sent the interview invitation and when you had the interview?

Harvard invited me to an interview around August 13th and I interviewed there on August 27th

Wow, congrats! Harvard AND Mayo?!? Everyone I have spoken with says that Mayo is the best of the best in prostho. You must have had a pretty amazing application...:thumbup:

No bench test at UConn and no agenda as well so far. I don't know about WVU either. Chicago wants me to make a 3-5 min presentation on a topic of my choice. Other than that, I don't know. I know UNC and OSU have bench tests (crown preps on manikins).

Can you please give more details about OSU bench test like how many crown preps they ask etc..I have iv call from OSU on 29-30th Sep :(:scared:

Yes sir I will be there the 22nd, and 23rd. Has anybody heard anything from Pittsburg or received an offere from any other schools? Come on guys lets keep this thing going.

hello ppl. excellent post.. thanks..
i am an international dentist and i want to know are there any universities that do not require NBDE. apart from BU.

How did the interview go?? Do they tell you how long it takes to he's back for possible acceptance?!

Yes sir I will be there the 22nd, and 23rd. Has anybody heard anything from Pittsburg or received an offere from any other schools? Come on guys lets keep this thing going.

I'll be there on the 22-23rd also! C ya there :)
Haven't heard anything here either--hopefully we all start getting some good news soon! :corny:

I'll be there on the 22-23rd also! C ya there :)
Haven't heard anything here either--hopefully we all start getting some good news soon! :corny:

@knife and gprostho123: best of luck. I am scheduled for 29th-30th. please share your experience after the interview.

Last edited:
@knife and gprostho123: best of luck. I am scheduled for 29th-30th. please share your experience after the interview.

Thank you. I will. In one of my interviews I met somebody and they told me that they had interview in OSU in October, so I wonder how many ppl they are interviewing. Good luck

Thanks for the well wishes @prosth!

Has anybody gotten any acceptances yet? I am only seeing ones from San Antonio, Harvard, and Mayo. Anybody else have one?

got an iv from Columbia...had iv in tufts...scheduled for ohio and Columbia.. no acceptance yet

Hey guys! I hope everyone's interviews went well.

I interviewed at Montefiore, Stony Brook and UMaryland

UMaryland spots are all taken (as of today)

Stony Brook and Montefiore is "still in the process" - please let me know if you have interviewed here and were offered a spot. Thanks in advanced!

To add onto the UConn prosth program, a fellow interviewee from UConn mentioned the residents accepted were both internal offers, one, as what was mentioned before a DS4 and the other was an individual doing an implant fellowship in UConn, can't really beat internal applicants :\

Got acceptance at NYU... A robust program in US

Hey all, great thread! Very helpful to see how everyone's process is coming along. Keep posting!

I applied to:
BostonU, Harvard, Tufts, Maryland, Montefiore, NYU, Ohio State, Pitt, UTHouston, Loma Linda

I got interviews at:
Pitt 8/23
Tufts 9/3
Montefiore 9/10
Maryland 9/11
Ohio State 9/22-23

We were on the same interview date for Monte! Have you heard back from them?