About the ads

Prosthodontic program at BU

Discussion in 'Dental Residents and Practicing Dentists' started by FIXENSMILES01, Feb 6, 2007.

1. SDN is a nonprofit organization. Services are made possible through the generous support of SDN members and sponsors. Thank you.

Thanks to Crack the NBDE
  1. FIXENSMILES01

FIXENSMILES01 Senior Member

SDN 7+ Year Member

SDN Members don't see this ad. (About Ads)
    I am starting this thread as the time for accept and reject is coming. I know
    Dir. Dr. Morgan just got back from the Prostho. conference overseas. I also heard there are still some interviews to be done because he was away for most of January. So if you know anything please post it here thank you.:thumbup:
  2. MrVagus

MrVagus licensed to fill

Dental Student
    SDN 5+ Year Member
    That would be Dr. Morgano. There was also some talk of them offering one spot that has a stipend during the pros training. I think its associated with the VA Hospital and is somewhere north of $40K/year.
  3. FIXENSMILES01

FIXENSMILES01 Senior Member

SDN 7+ Year Member
    Thanks for the correction it was just a type error. Thank you for the info though on the program.
  4. FreshBreath

FreshBreath Member

Dental Student
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    I do not know anyhting about the admissions process for the Pros program, but being a pre-doc I do know that the residents seem happy, are often busy, and are well trained. I state the later becuase a few of the pre-doc clinical professors are alumni of the pros program, and are some of the pre-docs favs in terms of learning during clinic.

I also know that there is a lot, a lot of lab work with the program. A lot of residents stay late after clinic hours or come early just to do lab work, but they have their own lab with their own station. Hope that helps.