Prosthodontics?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dudelove

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is prostho a good specialty to go into? I mean is it still repsected and are there jobs out there in teaching/administration for prosthodontists? Anyone is prostho here?

Members don't see this ad.

most of the prosths I see around here locally advertise as " family dentistry and prosthodontics." ... or some similar variation. Basically, it's difficult to run an all pros office because they specialize in many of the things that GPs like to keep for themselves. I suppose if you just love that stuff - you masochist - then a pros residency wouldn't be a bad way to spend two yrs. of your life. But I don't think it's a particularly marketable specialty.

i got this phamphlet that said 9% of prostho's make over a mil a yr. :) don't know how true it is...

Members don't see this ad :)
Proths is a 3 year specialty. I think if you are going to take the time and specialize - do it for something that you really can't teach yourself with CE - like OMS.

What is the point of a specialty? I taught myself endo by taking a lot of endo courses. I do all of my endos and use every technique in the book depending on the situation. I extract all teeth including impacted wisdom teeth. There must be a reason that people go into prostho?

If you practice in Florida maybe? :laugh:

Just kidding..

Originally posted by StarGirl
i got this phamphlet that said 9% of prostho's make over a mil a yr. :) don't know how true it is...

What they don't say about the Mill is that 800,000 comes from their "side job" as CEO or senior board member of a big implant corporation and/or dental materials manufacturer:D