Proud to be Army MC

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Chonal Atresia

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Gotta love a dysfunctional government health system run by a nurse....

file:///C:/Users/gbg/Downloads/RHC-A(P).pdf

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Hey, hey. JAHCO is an NGO with no government connection....except that the government enforces JAHCO policy by tying it to medicare, which also ties it to insurance reimbursement.....You know, like if the government said you can buy any car you want, as long as it's a certified BMW?

Members don't see this ad :)
If we're going to run the analogy, it's like having the receptionist instruct the mechanic on the proper way to work on your car based upon no evidence whatsoever.

"I think using a 3/4 inch wrench causes too much torque because the handle is longer. I have no evidence to support that, nor do I feel that you're able to judge the amount of torque applied as the person using the wrench. Therefore, if we find a 3/4 inch wrench in the shop, we will fine the shop until you dispose of 3/4 inch wrenches. It doesn't matter if most of your vehicles have 3/4 inch bolts, nor does it matter if we have yet to experience any actual problems with over-application of torque. I need this job, and I need to justify this job. So toss the wrenches."

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Gotta love a dysfunctional government health system run by a nurse....

file:///C:/Users/gbg/Downloads/RHC-A(P).pdf

And you gotta love the bitter f$%^ physicians who used to serve in it, via their own volition and the career choices that they made. Can you at least attach the file correctly, or post the link?! I can't see your C:/Users/gbg/Downloads folder . . .I'm dying to know what else you have in there.

And you gotta love the bitter f$%^ physicians who used to serve in it, via their own volition and the career choices that they made. Can you at least attach the file correctly, or post the link?! I can't see your C:/Users/gbg/Downloads folder . . .I'm dying to know what else you have in there.

Will gladly fix the link for you when I have access to my laptop.

You're absolutely right, I own my mistake of joining the military. However, I made it out the other side and can now comment without fear of retribution. Enjoy your "career" of brigade surgeon tours, low pay, nurse bosses and no CME.

Reactions: 1 users
Enjoy...........

Attachments

• RHC-A(P).pdf
    191.3 KB · Views: 144
The writing is on the wall for military medicine. I am getting out soon. I just accepted a civilian offer which more than doubles my military pay. My experience has been mixed (forced separation from military spouse, crappy assignment). Knowing what I know now, I wouldn't have joined. However, I have no real regrets based on when I joined in early 2000. I wouldn't dissuade anyone adamant about joining but would give cautionary advise. I am debt free with considerable savings due to living well below my means. My training was standard.

However, military bureaucracy (harder to promote, emphasis on CCC, ILE, operational tours) is getting worse for physicians. MEDCOM is going in the wrong direction. Those in command level that cycle in and out of jobs try reinventing the wheel in some sort of mad dash to pad their OER/OPRs with useless metrics for bullet points. My experience was middle of the road with half good and the other half bad. There are many who had it worse. A minority who had easy street. So I don't blame anyone for railing on MilMed. Much of it is deserved.

The other day in the pit of agony (what i call my duty station), they refused to start a risk management meeting because the optometrist board member was running late. Thankfully the RN board members were already seated...

I always wondered how I can be a JAHCO reviewer. Suggestions?
Take a gun. Blow your complete frontal lobe off.

Congrats you would be qualified now.

You could have a friend slam your head in a door until your IQ drops below 80, but you might still be overqualified.
further proof that doors in hospitals are a danger to patients, and should be banned.

Public service announcement for all my friends. You can't accept gifts over $20 for a single event or $50 in a year. Lots of you are on the sunshine act website having done so. Winter is coming.