[PSA] on booking flights

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sskater

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all!

For everyone applying and receiving interviews right now, I highly recommend using google.com/flights to book your flights.

It has consistently given me the lowest prices, but also make sure to try and stick to one airline to fly so you can rack up all those travel points to receive free flights and perks like earlier boarding, extra luggage checkin, etc.

If anyone else has any other travel tips for us applying, especially pertaining to saving money on flights, hotels, cars(taxi or rental recommended?), please post below, I really appreciate it!

Members don't see this ad.

Check with schools to see about hotels that offer free pickup from the airport and campus.

To save money on hotel: check your pre-dental club for alums who are attending the dental school you plan on interviewing at. They may be nice enough to shelter you for a day.

To save money on transportation: check for public transportation routes from airport to hotel/lodging site and vice-versa. If none is available, arrange to split taxi fares with fellow interviewers thru SDN.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
To save money on hotel: check your pre-dental club for alums who are attending the dental school you plan on interviewing at. They may be nice enough to shelter you for a day.

To save money on transportation: check for public transportation routes from airport to hotel/lodging site and vice-versa. If none is available, arrange to split taxi fares with fellow interviewers thru SDN.
I never thought about this, and it seems like the best way to save money :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Check out this website for students where they say they can help you find the cheapest hotels and flights. I haven't used it but it seems trustworthy from the reviews. It got an A+ from the BBB so it seems legit.
http://www.studentuniverse.com

I use Priceline Name your own price to book hotel. So far, it is cheaper than what I have found anywhere else.