PSVPro

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dfk

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
just wondering if anyone uses PSVPro for patient with an LMA.
i'm starting to toy around with it,
but can't seem to get anything i like.
anyone have a favorite setting(s) for your average "tolerating it" patient?

Members don't see this ad.

just wondering if anyone uses PSVPro for patient with an LMA.
i'm starting to toy around with it,
but can't seem to get anything i like.
anyone have a favorite setting(s) for your average "tolerating it" patient?

I havent really messed around with it much. I should.

Or you can put a pt on the vent with a LMA, but 'titrate' the volume set maintaing peak pressures below 25.

Just a CA-2, but I like messing around with an LMA and PSVPro also.

Pinspired: Enough to get atleast 6ml/kg TV
Rate: Enough to keep the ETCO2 under 45
Psupport: 8-12
PEEP: Minimal (4-5)

I've got an old attending that swears by using PPV with LMA's...rarely uses an ETT. And, I've got a young attending that thinks its ridiculous and dangerous (insufflating the stomach, etc..). It's just funny how things can be done so differently. I kinda side with the old attending and wanna use an LMA whenever possible, although I might change my mind once I have some sort of LMA disaster where I wish I would've had a tube.

Members don't see this ad :)
I havent really messed around with it much. I should.

Or you can put a pt on the vent with a LMA, but 'titrate' the volume set maintaing peak pressures below 25.

Don't you at least have a vent that can be pressure-controlled?

CA-1 here. We initially have LMA patients on SIMV while waiting for return of spontaneous breathing. Once that happens they're switched to PSVpro.

I prefer flow-triggered breaths to pressure-triggered breaths.

Overall, I find this ventilator inferior to the ones used in the ICU.

I prefer flow-triggered breaths to pressure-triggered breaths.

Overall, I find this ventilator inferior to the ones used in the ICU.

have you seen the new Dragger machines? they have very comparable vents now on them.

in terms of your flow triggered breathes...do you prefer high vs low sensitivity?

have you seen the new Dragger machines? they have very comparable vents now on them.

in terms of your flow triggered breathes...do you prefer high vs low sensitivity?

depends on the leak in the system...that's one of the reason I don't like it...it is variable and you have to play with it to get it to work well....even with the same patient during a single case.