Psych/Soc Thread - Names/Theories

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ad2b

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
The original of this was on Google Docs loaded by some kind soul a year or so ago.

Some ash wipe went and deleted everything, doubled it up and left it as is (a mess).

I redid it in Excel and am posting it here. Within the next few days, I'll update it with my notes that I hand wrote. Just too damn tired tonight.

Also, the other tab has tables I'm inputting so I can print them out. Will add more when I'm not too damn tired.

If it helps you, let me know how to make it better (no promises until after August 5)

If it doesn't, well... haters gonna hate
:D

Members don't see this ad.

Attachments

• PS Charts - Tables MCAT Prep.xlsx
    46.4 KB · Views: 139
Reactions: 1 user
Are we expected to know the associated theory with the experimenter's names?

Members don't see this ad :)
Worried that the answer to this question is somewhere blatantly obvious on the document, but what do asterisks indicate?
As @dontforgetxx mentioned, I think that's right. I did not add anything to the chart on the names|theories tab; just deleted all the duplicated information and the strikeouts. In looking at the names with ** they seem to be the high yield people.

@Gutsy - yes, I believe so. In reading the countless threads and reactions on reddit and here; it appears that while a name might not be mentioned in the passage, the theory might be and then a question asked about which aspects of the person's theory is relevant or not.

Like Kohlberg's 6 stages of moral development... a passage might be about morality during the 60's riots and which aspect of Kohlberg's stages fits that particular stance; or it could state that moral staging was best introduced by which theorist and which category and then have the theorists with the wrong theory.

It is has also been stated that typically, the ^^^ is NOT usual because that'd be too discrete; however, I am doing all I can to be best prepared which means, learning the people and their theories.

Psychoanalytic: Freud, et al
Behavioral: Skinner, et al

Etc... I will be updating this as I go along with all my notes for those in the future to use (or throw or ignore :D )

I will also be adding all relevant charts for comparisons whether psych/soc related or not. It's for my use, so if it helps someone else, awesome!

I will be updating this as I go along with all my notes for those in the future to use (or throw or ignore :D )

I will also be adding all relevant charts for comparisons whether psych/soc related or not. It's for my use, so if it helps someone else, awesome!

You are a good person :)

You are a good person :)

/blush ... I try. The song below is me... I digress for a minute. Last spring my genetics professor asked how I found the time to help, and asked me why when it took away from my own stuff.

I responded that as an elder to my student peers, it's my obligation to help guide them, to lead them because if my generation does not, how will they know where to hang their leadership skills? It's my duty to help others and my hope, that it will get passed along. For surely, there have been many that helped me. So many...

When the work you've put in is realized... I get a lump in my throat at that point and thankfully, if sitting in the library, no one can see the tears welling.