Psychologists Shielded U.S. Torture Program, Report Finds

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
APA is a professional association completely separate from state licensing boards. Just like the AMA is not the same as a state medical board. In other words, I don't have to be a member of the APA to maintain my license to practice and if they continue to be corrupt and not represent the profession of psychology's interests, then I might not support them anymore either.

And I could be wrong, but in Louisiana, I believe it had more to do with a potential tiff/disagreement with the state psych association than it did a break off from the APA.

But the whole paying a consultant $1M a year thing that was being previously discussed--yeah, not quite sure how that's at all defensible.

Members don't see this ad.

Apparently Welch was paid a million dollars a year by APA for consultation and he was also provost for Alliant University. Does this not seem to be a conflict of interest?
OND, do you have a source for this? It sounds pretty distressing, but I don't like to form any opinions based on an unsubstantiated report.

Members don't see this ad :)
OND, do you have a source for this? It sounds pretty distressing, but I don't like to form any opinions based on an unsubstantiated report.

It was on the D55 listserv. posted by one of the leaders of D55. Alliant also has RxP training postdoctoral and a large number of DOD psychologist have gone through this training for prescription privileges with the DOD.

It was on the D55 listserv. posted by one of the leaders of D55. Alliant also has RxP training postdoctoral and a large number of DOD psychologist have gone through this training for prescription privileges with the DOD.
As a psychologist, I was trained to only accept primary sources of information. So I will retract my earlier post commenting about this man getting paid that much until there is more information.

Muslims aren't heathens, suspects aren't all terrorists, and you talk pretty tough for a guy that didn't join the navy to avoid deploying
If your going to address a topic thread, address it. Don't muddle personal histories which are irrelevant to the topic.

If your going to address a topic thread, address it. Don't muddle personal histories which are irrelevant to the topic.
Not to get too dynamic, but it seems like personal histories are relevant. They bubble up through the cracks of rational discourse.

Reactions: 1 users
My point was it's easy to be cavalier with damage to people you'll never see. The things they do, including sleep deprivation, are torture, and they destroy the souls of the people doing them and the psyche of the people they're done to. Unless you're willing to make the sacrifices of accepting the moral responsibility or would allow it to be done to you, maybe people should speak more carefully. "War is fun to those who haven't tried it."

Reactions: 1 user
Now with that, I couldn't agree more. Thank you for staying relevant and not getting into the actual persona of whoever was chastised by the APA (which I have beef with their own involvement with DoD and Bush admistration directly, but this is for another thread).